𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Chapter eighty-eight; Halloween dates

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

''Rosier!?'' Jasmine nearly screeched. ''Really!? You're going to the ball with fucking dirty ass Rosier!?'' Her tongue lost the filter so she didn't mind all the swearing.

With all her yelling she managed to bring fear in Robyn's eyes. The two were gladly outside on the school grounds. Robyn was already on her way inside the greenhouse for Herbology when Jasmine caught up to her and started yelling. Robyn put up her hands to stop her best friend from even more yelling. She looked behind her shoulder at the open door to the greenhouse with the majority of students already inside. She checked other ways too for possible eavesdroppers. In a haste, she walked up to Jasmine grabbed her hand and pulled her away so they could really talk without anyone listening.

''What is wrong with you?'' Jasmine didn't stop with accusations. ''And why did I have to hear this from Rosier and not you? We're mostly by each other's side throughout the day! There have been multiple opportunities for you to tell me! Why didn't you? And when did all of this even happen? Hood, I swear – ''

''Just shut up for a second and listen!'' Robyn pressed her palm against Jasmine's mouth once they stopped under a random tree. Jasmine glared at her for a second. When Robyn was sure she won't yell anymore she released the hand from her mouth. ''I didn't know how to tell you and I wanted us to be alone because Hogwarts walls clearly have ears all over and gossip spreads quickly.''

''We share the dorm, you genius. You could have told me in the middle of the night if you wanted!'' Jasmine still didn't let go. She felt hurt because her best friend didn't tell her. Maybe she should feel guilty accusing her of keeping secrets when Jasmine was the one having a secret relationship for the better part of their sixth year, but at least she was the one who told her and not some other idiot.

''We also have a dorm mate. I couldn't say it in front of Sophie, she likes to rattle things out.'' Robyn continued. She sighed before elaborating. ''After you told us that Rosier threatened you before Potions it got me thinking. His egoistic ass is trying to get on top of the hierarchy by spreading fear through everyone who isn't pureblood. I'm not and he knows that, but he still agreed to go out with me.''

''You were the one who asked him out?!'' Jasmine couldn't help but scream again.

Robyn narrowed her eyes because she wasn't done explaining. Her best friend quickly apologised and let her continue. ''The whole hexing muggle-borns are getting horrible and while I would love to help the younger kids I just don't know how. These greasy Slytherins always find a way to get away with it and so no one sees. But I thought that I can at least protect me, my friends and my younger siblings.''

''By sleeping with him?'' Jasmine asked incredulously.

''Ew, no! I'm not going to sleep with him. I have standards!'' Robyn exclaimed.

''Well, you're still going out with him! So how will that work?''

''If I know anything, I know how every single guy acts the same. He surely won't hurt a girl that is finally paying attention to him, no matter the blood status. I haven't seen him with a girl before, ever actually, so I'll bet he'll eat it up like dessert. By keeping him occupied he won't have time to think about hurting either you, me, Lily, Viv or Leo. Maybe even anyone else in Hogwarts if I'm persuasive enough.''

Jasmine pressed her lips together and flickered her eyes all over Robyn trying to make up her mind. No sign showed that she would be lying and after a deep breath, Jasmine believed her. She closed her eyes imagining Robyn's idea all over again in her head.