Chapter 1

Lana's POV
I crossed the street from my apartment to the laundromat carrying my one basket of clothes that I desperately needed to wash.
The night was cold and dark I didn't bother to grab a jacket I stuck to my budwieser crop top and black shorts.
As soon as I made my way into the laundromat I selected the first table I saw and quickly threw my clothes into a washer. I counted out my change and groaned... I only had enough money for one load. I was 43 cents short. My lazy legs didn't want to walk back to my apartment. I stood staring wondering if I could fit all my clothes into one packed load. During my train of thought I heard a loud voice behind me which made me jump. "Is there something wrong?" I turned on my heels to see a woman behind me... She was breathtaking. I looked her up and down from her dark thick black hair to her perfect hips. She was slim, she was perfect I was jealous... She waved her hand infront of me catching my attention. "Oh, no I'm fine just short on change." I quickly unlocked eye contact with her starting at the coins in my hands. She raised her eyebrows.."oh? How much are you short is this enough..?" She handed me four quarters making me feel guilty for taking a strangers money. "No no it's fine you don't have to give me your money." I tried to hand her back the money but she refused to take it. "Wash you clothes.. It's fine." She said laughing. Her laugh was the funniest/cutest thing I've ever heard it automatically made me laugh. I slipped the quarters into the second washer where the rest of my clothes were. I thanked her while I poured the laundry detergent and shut the top of the washer. She smiled at me and asked " Do you live in those apartments?" I turned and looked out the window and nodded " Yea I do, what about you?" She replied "I live in the fifth house down the street." I glanced out the window but I wasn't able to see her house thru the darkness. The woman turned and rolled her eyes. I noticed that she was looking at a table next to mine which had piles of clothes on it. "I guess I have to go fold my clothes it was nice meeting yo-" I cut her off with an almost to enthusiastic response "I'll help you!!" She seemed almost surprised.. "You will?" She said chuckling. "Yea sure I mean I owe you one I have to work off that whole dollar some how" i said playfully returning a laugh. She finally gave in and grabbed my arm leading me to her table of clothes. After a few paces she turned her head to me " I didn't catch you name darling." "It's Lana" I said while being dragged. "Mines Marina." Her words replayed in my head Marina. Marina. Marina.. When we finally made it to the table she placed three baskets in a line and shoved a pile of clothes to me. As I folded I stared at her hour glass figure. Her black legging hugged her hips perfectly and her oversized blue sweatshirt covered in ice cream cones suited her perfectly. I felt her eyes on me.. Oh god I've been caught. "Do you like my shirt?" I nodded trying not to show her how red I was turning. As we folded we talked about our childhood and simple stuff like our favorite movies and shows. It was all simple small talk. As we finished her clothes I threw my clothes in the dryer. She decided to wait with me Untill my clothes were dry. I bought us both diet mountains dews we sipped them as we continued to talk. Her thick full accent filled my body. I could listen to her talk for hours. As the buzzer to the dryer went off Marina hopped off the table. "Let's hurry up and fold your clothes so we can go home!!" I quickly rejected her help "You don't have to help me its fine." She shook her head "Aw come on Lana let me help you. Plus I need a excuse to stay here and talk to you." I quickly grew happy. She wanted to talk to me that's a first someone actually enjoyed my presence. After about 10 minutes my clothes were folded and put into a basket. I followed Marina out of the Laundromat to her car. She threw the baskets in the trunk and turned to face me. "Thanks for the help Lana, but you do realize you still owe me one right? I helped you with your clothes." I groaned " Dammitttt Marina I thought we were even." She shook her head "Nope." I thought "Hmmmm.." "Come to my place tommorow then for dinner. That'll make us even Stephen." I saw the corners of her mouth turn up forming a beautiful smile. I quickly pulled a pen out of my purse and wrote B23 ,my apartment number, on her hand. "Tommorow five o ' clock don't be late." She pulled her hand to her face examining the note I wrote. She let out a giggle " I'll be there." She waved goodbye as she opened the door to her car. I returned a wave as I crossed the street heading for my apartment. I walked home with the biggest smile on my face. Her words still played thru my mind...
Marina.
Marina.
Marina.