A Moment of Rest I

"I've never really thought about it- Actually I have thought about it, but..." Neil paused, turning away as he sat on their favourite couch. Klein came to his brothers side, sitting on the nearby chair as Neil nervously stared at him.

"If were both the main characters, does that mean you're the protagonist?" It wasn't the weirdest question to come out of his brother's mouth, but definitely one of them. Klein took the moment to look back at his younger sibling, seeing him so lost in thought, eyes dazed.
It was almost as if he was out of reach, focused on something else entirely despite asking Klein a question.

This will not do.

"Nope, if I were the protagonist I'd be doing heroic stuff. Building harems, beating bad guys, destroying the system, that kind of stuff..." Kleins response was lax, not even hesitating as Neil laughed it off.

"W-Well I thought I'd ask, because this girl at the bar has been talking to me a lot..." Neil was mumbling by the end of his sentence, getting a confused look from his brother as he stood back up.

"Right, and what's a girl got to do with getting home?" Klein asked, his gaze now on the ceiling as Neil sat in silence. Shaking his head, Klein threw his hands up in confirmation, shrugging at the notion.
It wouldn't be helping their situation at all, this is only a temporary homebase remember?

"See? See? Nothing at all, I hope you don't plan on getting anyone pregnant, woman or man alike." Hearing that last bit made Neil stand up in shock, looking back to his older brother who grinned from ear to ear.

"Men get pregnant here?!" Neil asked, a bit stunned at his older brother's complete bs statement as he stood up. Klein could only shake his head, a deep sigh coming from him as he walked into the kitchen.

"I was being sarcastic." Klein smiled as he turned away from his brother, groans coming from the kitchen. Leaning his body on the doors casing, Neil couldn't help but groan at his brother's backhand comment.

"You're the protagonist Neil. I'm just the cool handsome foil who happens to be your brother. Hate to say it, but it's your job!" Klein shouted from the kitchen, as Neil couldn't handle the heat from his older brother. Now he was just messing with him, already on his way to the front door with an annoying groan.
Closing the door behind him, Neil left the apartment as Klein was left to tend to his dinner-in-progress being made for the party.

Now alone with his thoughts, Klein hummed himself a lullaby as a smile ran across his face.