|I{•------» [41] «------•}I|

Ruka slowly opened her eyes, greeted by the noxious stench that permeated the air around her. The pungent odor assaulted her senses, reminding her that she was still trapped on the uncomfortable examination bed, with the piercing needles clinging to her skin.

Her gaze darted around, scanning the darkness that enveloped her, searching for any signs of movement or escape.

"I think it's time we finally try something," a sinister voice whispered from the shadows.

A Sound Ninja approached, holding an injection filled with a sickly yellow liquid, his thumb lightly depressing the plunger, causing tiny droplets to glisten on the needle's tip. Panic surged through Ruka as she realized the danger she was in. She strained against her restraints, desperate to free herself, but her efforts were futile.

The ninja's hand closed around her face, his grip rough and unforgiving, as she felt a surge of power leaving her body. Paralysis set in, spreading through her limbs like a venomous tide. She was completely immobilized, at the mercy of her captors.

"You won't be able to escape," the ninja sneered, his words dripping with sadistic satisfaction.

But before he could proceed any further, the deafening sound of a giant door being forcefully kicked open shattered the suffocating silence. Both Ruka and the ninja turned their heads towards the source of the disturbance, their eyes widening in surprise.

Uncle Asuma strode into the room, his eyes narrowed in fierce determination. "Get away from my girl!" he growled, his fist connecting with the ninja's jaw with a resounding impact. The intruder crumpled to the ground, unconscious, as Asuma's protective instincts kicked into overdrive.

Ruka's tear-filled eyes locked with her uncle's as she whispered his name, her voice laden with relief and gratitude. "Asuma..."

Asuma quickly approached her, his touch gentle yet urgent as he swiftly unchained her from the bed. Ruka looked up at him, her tears flowing freely now, as she sought solace in his comforting embrace. "How did you find me?" she managed to choke out between sobs.

"Thanks to Kiba," Asuma replied, his voice filled with warmth, "he managed to follow your scent." He gave her a reassuring smile, his hand tenderly brushing her sweaty hair off her tear-streaked face. "Kakashi and Gai are outside, taking care of the rest."

Ruka glanced over her uncle's shoulder, her gaze meeting the concerned eyes of her best friend, Kiba. She mustered a small, grateful smile, acknowledging his presence and the part he played in her rescue, before a sharp pang of pain jolted through her body, causing her to wince.

The breaths that escaped her lips became slow and shallow, each inhalation and exhalation laced with agony. Asuma furrowed his brow, his concern deepening as he witnessed her suffering.

Lifting her gently, he cradled her against his chest, positioning her head against his strong shoulder. His voice was filled with tenderness as he murmured soothing words. "Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay," he whispered, the steady rhythm of his heartbeat providing a sense of comfort and security.

"He did something to me," Ruka choked out, her breathing growing increasingly labored. Each breath felt like a battle, as if her chest were constricting, preventing the air from reaching her lungs. "It's in my system."

Asuma's voice trembled with worry as he pleaded with her to stay with him. "Ruka, sweetheart... Stay with me."