Chapter 1 - That extra star

Hunter Y/n L/n defeats S-rank gate single-handedly once again! Is there anything she can't do?

"Date." You snicker while at the cafe with a friend.

"You're a 8 star S-rank and you're saying you can't date??" Your friend raises her brow at you. "Are you insane?? You're ranked-"

"Bestie if I want someone to top me then I don't have anyone." You bat your lashes at her while smiling.

"Liu Zhigang."

"He's one star behind," You hum. "Surprising isn't it?"

"Doesn't sound very surprising when you probably slept with the government for that extra star," A voice pipes up behind her.

"Liu Zhigang if my head game was really that strong then I would've made the man give me three more stars than you," You smirk, stirring your coffee. "I mean if you're interested... then you're welcome to have me go home with-"

"No thanks," The man sighs. "Keep that disgusting tongue of yours to yourself."

"Stay mad," You wave goodbye with a wink. "So anyways, quite a popular cafe for five stars here huh?"

"Are you two fucking?"

You choke on your drink. "What?"

"You two... I could literally cut the tension with a knife." Your friend points out.

"Well... you can say I enjoy pissing him off," You grin. "He's always so calm in front of others too."

"I heard he's known for being straightforward."

"Yeah which is exactly why I enjoy pissing him off," You grin. "I get away with it too."

"What if he snaps at you one day?"

"Then I can suffer through that," You hum. "He's hot so even if he were to punch me I would let him."

"He'd break a finger trying to punch those bones of yours."

"Yeah... would not be very fun." You grin. "But on the bright side he could also try railing me-"

"Y/N!"

"What?" You grin. "You'd let him rail you too <3"

"...Valid."

The two of you sit in silence, the news going on in the background.

"Hunter Y/n known as China's girl next door! The child that all parents want! Watch as the huntress deals an instant kill to the dungeon boss!"

"Well then, I'm off Yue," you grin. "I'm pretty tired right now."

"Rest well"

"Alright," you hum.

You leave the cafe with a cup of milk tea, and you head home.

You didn't get eight stars because you wanted it. You got it because you accidentally cleared an S-rank gate by yourself shortly after you were awakened.

Liu Zhigang was a fragment. You were the absolute being's reincarnation. 

Vessel?

You possessed all of the absolute being's powers.

A reincarnation?

But other than healing all of your other powers were toxic.

The mind?

Something related to the dumbass man. You were forced to watch Sung Jinwoo get stabbed in one of your dreams and you were the one who rushed to revive him.

You mailed him a gift as a sorry for that

You got a letter back with a simple "Wasn't your fault."

The system's healer.

The system's killer.

The half of the system that Life did not consume?

What on earth are you?

The part of the system that Ashborne and Life failed to erase. 

No but seriously. What on earth were you?

I guess I could literally call myself a mary sue... but then again I'm short tempered and an annoying ass flirt- who am I kidding I love myself

You turn the keys and enter your home.

A nice fancy penthouse... gorgeous. Huge ass window to get railed against... or to rail someone against.

"Mimi! Bao! I'm home!" You call.

You hear shuffling, and two cats pop up from the sofa seat.

"Hi loves," You grin. "Where's Heihei?"

The two cats meow loudly and a crow lands on your kitchen counter.

"Did you three eat well?"

The crow blinks at you.

"Hei I will cook you for dinner if you don't speak up-"

"Yeah yeah we had dinner without you already," He rolls his eyes, and transforms into a boy.

Black hair, black eyes. The spawn of ashborne?? hello??? Just kidding I spawned this man from the depths of hell

You grin at the boy.

"Surely you left some dinner for me?"

The two cats run to their room, and Hei mumbles. 

"In the fridge."

"Guess we're not having crow stew for dinner today then," You grin menacingly. "Hope I get to finally have some crow one day."

"This is bullying!" The boy sobs.

"Hei you're not the one who has to keep themself under wraps all day," You snap your fingers, and your hair changes back to it's natural color.  "I literally created you guys to help me clean the house."

You hear something break upstairs. 

"MIMI IF I WALK UP TO MY BED AND SEE MY FAVORITE CUP DESTROYED I WILL MURDER YOU-"

"I'M SORRY MASTER-"

"YOU BETTER REVERSE TIME ON THAT SHIT-"

You hear magic, and you stare as the cat lets out a breath of relief.

"Bao did anything happen around the neighborhood?"

"Kidnapped a stalker in the basement we bought."

"Nice," You grin. "What did he want?"

"Tried taking photos of us."

"I'm going to be busy then," You sigh. "I'm heading down."

"What about dinner?"

"I'll eat it later-"

Hei shoves a steamed bun into your mouth and you grumble as you finish it on your way down to the penthouse's basement.

"So... you were trying to sneak in?" You grin menacingly. "Take photos of the people in my house?"

The man's eyes widen at you in fear.

"Now... let's see how many photos you got."

A black aura emits from your body.

Gold streaks through the aura, and the man shakes in terror.

You weren't Life or the heart that got eaten.

You weren't the mind of the absolute being, or the lungs that he breathed through.

You weren't the absolute being.

You were the tree that the absolute being borrowed powers from.

The life-bearing tree that created all of the fragments.

That was what you were.

A ruler?

An emperor.

You were an emperor.

An emperor that was stuck in a time loop.