• forty •

-

The glow of the quarter crescent moon shines on the path, leading towards the Malfoy Manor. I feel the tension between us, as we grip on to each others hand and briskly walk towards the towering, metal gate. 

"You and I both know this is one of the worst places to be at the minute, promise me you won't do anything stupid?" Draco mutters, as we climb the four steps to the front door.

"When do I ever do anything stupid?" I smirk, trying to lighten the mood. He faces the ground and side glances me, smiling. Merlin, I love these moments before we do something that could potentially kill us both.

Draco barely touches the dew smothered door, and it swings open, I grab my wand firmly in my hand, Draco in the other. We take a step forward, floor boards creaking underfoot; there's no light source in the hallway, only the orange tinge coming from the chandelier in the next room, it seems to just be us in the house.

"Mum?" Draco whispers, poking his head through all the rooms down the hallway, but he stops at the last door, takes and second and then runs in.

I take a breath and follow him in, Narcissa is laying on the floor in the corner of the room, head in her hands, I think this is a pantry, judging by the ammount of food stacked on the shelves.

Draco is crouched by her side, I sit down next to him; "Avery, so glad to see you" she croaks, immediately holding her throat after speaking.

"Mum? What's wrong?" Draco says, his voice nervous.

"Oh, I- nothing dear, just worried about you" Narcissa smiles, stroking her son's shoulder, her sleeve rises as she does so and my eyes widen at the sight of her poor arm, it's bruised- badly.

"Who did this?" Draco mutters through barred teeth, "was is one of the Death Eaters? It was, wasn't it mother?"

"Draco... It doesn't matter darling, the only thing that matters to me right now is that you and Avery are safe, did you kill Dumbledore?" Narcissa detracts from the subject, suddenly looking very pale.

"No, I didn't. Snape did." He mutters, then raises his voice, "But all I care about right now is you mum!" 

"Do you think I am stupid Draco? If I tell you who did this, you'll go and confront them, and end up getting killed!" She yells, unexpectedly. I stand up and reach for a packet of chocolate, giving it to Narcissa, "eat this Narcissa, you might feel better."

"Thank you dear, and you tell Draco to piss off and leave his mother in peace." I try and hold in my laughter and stare at Draco, "Narcissa, we're trying to help you, why don't we get you upstairs and you can have some sleep?" 

"Okay" She says, through a mouthful of chocolate. Me and Draco help her stand and guide her up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Mum, I need to do a charm on the door so no one else can come in, in the morning you'll just need to counteract the charm, is that alright?" Draco whispers through her shut door, drawing out his wand to perform the charm.

"Yes Draco, good night, I love you" Narcissa says, from under her covers.

Draco looks over to me, embarrased, "oh go on, say it back to her" I encourage him.

"I love you too mum" He mutters, reaching for my arm, we go also the corridor to his bedroom, it looks the same as always, hints of green and black surround me.

-

I HAVE HAD THIS IN MY DRAFTS FOR SO LONG AND IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO THIS BOOK YOU DESERVE THIS BUT IDK IF IM GONNA WRITE ANYMORE!?!? (maybe another book is coming, more will be said soon).