Chapter. 19 - Through the Trap-door

Tonight was the night. All day I've been acting a bit odd to people, mostly because half of the things around me scared the daylight out of me! I was nervous you could say.

And, it was reasonable. I mean, I was going to have to face trials and stuff. I also read up on Fluffy the dog, and apparently you just lull him to sleep with music.

So, I had a spell ready that would be able to make a jukebox appear and play whatever music. It was old-fashioned, but effective.

Right now, I was in the hiding in the common room, waiting for it to get dark out.

"Ivy? What are you doing there?" I heard a voice from behind me.

"It was Draco!" I yelled, and turned around only to see...Draco.

"Oh, hey! W-what's new?" I stuttered, and plastered a huge fake smile on my face.

"Nothing...except for you acting weird. What is it?" He questioned, and stared at me pointedly.

I stood in awkward silence, debating whether to tell him or not. After a few minutes, I decided to. Not because I was stupid, but because maybe he'd help. If not, I'd just put the body-binding spell that Hermione taught me, on him.

"I'm going to find the Sorcerer's Stone." I stated simply, and had my hand on my wand, at the ready.

If he was going to tell, he would get 12 inches of pure fire. Bam. Or should I say Petrificus Totalus?

"Oh. What's that?" He asked, and I remembered that I actually never told him anything that was going on.

"Oh, yeah. Right," I fumbled over my words, and divulged into the whole tale, "...and that is what I'm doing. So don't tell, or I'll...hurt your pretty little face."

"My face is pretty?" He smirked, and ducking my head so he wouldn't see me blush, I ran out of the common room.

I fled up from the dungeons, and to the seventh floor. But, I heard a pitter-patter of feet running behind me, and soon enough Mr. Malfoy had joined me.

"I'm going to help." He grinned, and I returned the favour.

"Help do what exactly?" A voice protruded our conversation.

Bridget sat on the steps of the stairs, chewing on her favourite snack; Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. And since in her black uniform, she was really hard to notice.

"We're going after the Sorcerer's Stone." Draco and I replied in unison.

She dropped the package of beans in surprise. She was going to say something, but then she broke out into laughter.

"Heh heh, I spilled the beans." she giggled, and I rolled my eyes, but snorted nonetheless.

"Don't spill the beans on this one though. Please keep it a secret." I pleaded, and her eyes started to twinkle.

"Keep it a secret? I'm going to do more than that. I'm going to help." Bridget said deviously, and I linked my arms with my friends.

We all ran, arm in arm to the door that led to the trapdoor.

"Alohomora." I whispered as Mione did the first time, and the door unlocked with a soft click.

I had my wand to cast my jukebox spell, but I was nervous to find that a harp had been placed, and was charmed to keep playing.

"Uh...so...Voldemort is most likely here. So, if you want to turn back now...then you should." I muttered, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"No way."

"No way in hell!"

Draco and Bridget exclaimed together, and I'm pretty sure that it was clear who said what.

I laughed loudly, and to my dismay, I no longer heard the peaceful sound of the harp.

Draco and Bridget gave each other worried looks, but I had my wand out in a flash.

"Musicanium Juke-is!" I waved my wand, and bam. The jukebox assembled from thin air.

The three of us had to stifle our laughter, when Tainted Love by Soft Cell started to play.

Together, we crept over to the sleeping dog, and pushed its paw over. It was lying right on top of the trapdoor, but luckily, Soft Cell managed to keep it asleep.

Bridget opened the door, and we all looked at each other once more. But, this time instead of looks of fear, looks of determination lay on our faces.

Being the daredevil and the great friend she is, Bridget jumped into the pit of darkness first, with the quiet battle cry: Geronimo!

Draco followed after her, reassuring me that it was probably not as terrifying as it seemed.

And all that was left to go was me.

Stepping up to the very edge, I peered down into the blackness, where I wasn't sure if I was jumping to my salvation, or to my death.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes, and with a mental scream, I hopped through the trapdoor.

But, what was ironic, was the song playing while I jumped.

'Sometimes I feel I've got to...run away...'

But was this really running away? Or was I maybe running straight for victory?