11

Like a child when our eyes meet, darling, I fancy you
Took me back to Highgate, met all of his best mates
So I guess all the rumors are true
You know I love a London boy.

No lying, Mason was a bundle of nerves, in his head he already imaged at least one hundred scenarios on how Claire would have reacted when finding out it was he the famous Mount fanboy she was talking too

He came to a point where he was not even sure that she would be happy. It sounded nonsense, but he still had that fear inside him.

They had been talking over a month by now, and, although it was not their real first meeting, in a way it was truth their first meaning, because now also Claire would have realized.

How messy that was.

Trying simultaneously with Declan and Claire, Mason was trying his best to not freak out.

He ordered something to eat for him and, obviously, also the tea for Claire.

After two minutes after her last message, Mason heard the door opening and slightly turned to see the blonde haired girl he was wearing for.

The blonde with Terminator jacket, as she wrote. Mason thought she looked incredibly pretty.

The half German was looking around, looking also extremely confused.

Giving himself confidence, Mason got up and turned to her direction. "Claire?"

"Claire?"

The blonde girl froze when she saw that it was none other than Mason Mount calling her name. She also wondered how he could know her name, but then remembered he followed her on Instagram.

But, still, he remembered her name.

"Mason Mount?" She let out a nervous laugh before approaching the Chelsea football player. "London is not that big, huh? What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for someone." He flashed her a smile.

"Me too!" Claire said enthusiastically. "My online best friend. He said he was here..." she looked again all around the room, with the hope to catch someone wearing a blue hoodie, but the only one was the young man in front of her. "But I don't see him..."

Mason couldn't hide a little laugh. Was she really that naive? In a good way, of course. "Do you think he ran away?"

"Looks like it..." Claire shrugged, feeling kinda sad now that she admitted loudly, especially to Mason Mount. She thought he was now thinking of her as someone who was desperate, or whatever. "Uhm, I hope the person you were waiting for actually shows up."

"She did." Mason flashed her a smile, but only receiving a nod from the girl, who grabbed her phone and seemed to be typing something. Just few seconds later, he heard his phone vibrating in his pocket.

Teaspiller

Dumping me? Really? And I thought we were friends. Good move. Goodbye.

No lying, he was expecting more insults. "Claire." He called again, causing the girl to look again at him. "I'm Mason."

The blonde girl was now looking at him like he was stupid. "I know your name is Mason."

"I'm that Mason." He added, a smile plastered on his face. "Therealstarboy, rings a bell?"

"What..." Claire gasped, covering her mouth with her hands in shock. "Nah, it can't be."

"Well, I'm wearing the blue hoodie, is it enough?" The Chelsea player giggled, showing her his phone, where he opened the chat of their messages. "Believe me now?"

In response, Claire started laughing loudly, causing people around to look at her. "So, you're telling me I've been chatting with you, Mason Mount, the whole time while believing it was just another fangirl?"

"I told you I'm a boy, I can't be a fangirl." Mason quoted, remembering the first messages they shared. "And, by the way, your tea is getting colder, I think we have to order a new one!"

"Oh, yeah, my tea!" The blonde nodded, sitting just in front of Mason. She couldn't still believe it was all real, like, it all seemed to be a movie where she felt the main character. That was a great feeling, she couldn't lie. She looked at him, a smirk on her face. "I think we should do now the official introductions." She held out her hand. "I'm Claire, also know as teaspiller."

Mason let out a little laugh, shaking her hand. "My pleasure Claire, I am Mason, but you may know me as therealstarboy."

They both laughed after that, enjoying each other's company in an unusual yet very pleasing London's afternoon.

Sooo, we're getting to the end of this book. Just two more chapters, because I don't like to drag it out for who knows how long.

Enjoy.

- Света🪆