Chapter Fourteen

Darcy lay content in her sleep. An arm was draped over her stomach, a fur ball curled up next to her chest. Nonetheless she could say she woke up with a good start.

Loki had his face buried in her hair, a slight smile on his lips. His nightmare long forgotten.

Darcy yawned as she blinked herself awake. Her little kitten Nip stretched and copied her yawn.

She scratched Nip's ears as she turned on her side slowly.

She faced Loki, his features soft, not the panicked person she woke to the screams of.

She resisted the urge to wipe away a stray black lock from his face.

His eyes opened.

" Good morning." He muttered.

She grinned, Nip walked in between the pair and curled up into a ball and began purring.

Loki stifled a low laugh as the cat made a show of flopping over.

Darcy did laugh, it was a rather pleasant sound.

" Did you sleep better?"

Loki nodded. " Much. I do appreciate the favor Darcy."

" It's no trouble."

Darcy sat up, Loki propped his head on one arm.

" How is the memories? Anything, pleasant?"

He shook his head.

" No." A look of confusion passed on his face. " I do, I do remember A Thor. Brothers I think. He was my brother."

Darcy's eyes lit up, but a small seed of fear planted itself in her stomach.

" That's good."

" I suppose."

______________

Darcy hovered over the stove.

" So, to work it, you need to flip on the switch" Loki watched her teach him to use the stove.

She continued to explain, but he found himself distracted by the way her lips moved and the way her brown hair stuck out in odd places, the way it fell from its updo.

He watched her hands as they gathered the ingredients for the meal

" Earth to Loki. Are you paying attention?"

" Um, yes sorry."

She turned to face him.

" You look distracted." Loki looked to her face.

" What's on your mind?" She asked a dark eyebrow raised.

He ran his tongue over his lips. " It's nothing. Continue please."

She did, but with a sly smile. He really should work on his blatant staring.

____________________________
A/N
Two updates in one week. What? I know right. I'm on fire.
Crazy stuff man.