Chapter 38

Tiffany's POV
We had put our plan into action and really went to this house. But we didn't find anything out of the ordinary... Except for Jin and Dean, who we thought were the criminals.

It looked hilarious when everyone was beating the crap out of each other. Still, unfortunately, the police came, they had caught everyone.

All except me.
I was lucky and hid in time. I hid in the basement, in a small back room; I hid until the police left. And I waited a little beyond that, just to be on the safe side.

Then when I came out from my hiding place, I wanted to go back up the stairs, but strangely... I heard voices.

Voices, one of which seemed very familiar to me.
Slowly I crept up to them.
''Yes, I called the cops. They've all been taken away now."

I looked out the keyhole of the cellar door... That voice, that female voice.
"You did a good job, then we can continue planning," it was another male voice.
They were close to the basement door.

''Rose will obey me, but we will have to do it if there are complications.''
''But why? You are just like the others, didn't you promise to stay with me? Didn't you say that you wanted to get rid of Rose?"

I felt a chill run down my spine as I recognized the voice.
Ashley.
It's clearly Ashley.

I had to straighten myself as this shock was too much for me right now. I had to think clearly.
Even if I could not assign the other voice. I could think that it was the psychopath Tim.
So that clearly meant that Ashley had something to do with it all the time.

Only for how long? How long was she involved?
I was about to look out of the hole when I was surprised by a blue eye.

Startled, I took a step back. Unfortunately, I fell down the stairs. The door was pulled open, and a middle-aged man stepped down. He looked harmless, but his deep blue eyes made him look dangerous.

I held on to my head. The fall wasn't that hard; It hurt, but I had to say that the fear I just felt was worse than the pain.

''So, I hope you have listened enough," he laughed and leaned towards me, ''I was here in this house all the time, and I saw everyone. I saw you too," he grabbed my hair and pulled me over to a table, "You know, you all upset me. All of you. I don't know what you're hoping to find when you see me. Or who you're going to find me with. Because it doesn't matter."

He fetched a rope, but before he could tie me up with it, I broke away from him. My parents had always sent me to self-defense in the past, so I knew a few tricks. I knew I couldn't finish him off, but I could at least try to free myself.

With a lot of energy and power, I kicked him against his leg. He hissed and cursed. He tried to grab me again, but I knocked him away from me; I took this chance when he slammed against the table.

I ran up the stairs to the door, yet, I couldn't go any further because Ashley was standing in front of it; she smiled and pushed me down, ''You won't escape."

I fell harder this time.
My leg, my head, everything hurt like hell. Stunned, I stared at Ashley as she came down and sat on me, ''You shouldn't have come here," she said and brushed over my cheek with her hand.

''Ashley, what are you doing? Why are you doing this? You can stop; you can still live normally."
She started to laugh, "Live normally? I don't feel like it."
"But-" she covered my mouth.
"I don't have anyone anymore. I have no one. Tim is the only one who has been there for me. He was there for me in the moments when I was alone. He helped me when no one else did," she tried to justify herself, but nothing made sense.