Chapter 7: "Oh no, Naked."

Camila's POV

"Was that Lauren's car?" Shawn asked bitterly, as I got into his car.

"Yes." I answered, a little awkwardly.

"I thought I said-" Shawn started and I rolled my eyes, before cutting him off.

"Shawn, you didn't see her Friday night... I-I need to help her." I told him seriously, and he shook his head.

"Milz, I know you love to help people, but Lauren doesn't need your help." Shawn placed his palm onto my thigh, and I frowned as I disagreed.

"But she does though, Shawn, I've seen it." I told him desperately, as I placed my hands over his.

"God, what happened that night that made you act so crazy?" Shawn asked, referencing Friday night, and I considered telling him, but Lauren would kill me.

"I can't tell you, but she was really out of it Shawn, like I don't even know what kind of shit she was on." I stressed the point, and she sighed.

"But that isn't your problem Camila, Lauren is her own woman, is she not?" Shawn asked, and I just grew annoyed.

"Yes, obviously, but I feel... responsible." I whispered the last part quieter, and felt my guilty conscience return.

"Babe, you aren't responsible for whatever Lauren does, or will do in the future." Shawn laughed humourlessly, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Well maybe I can prevent anything bad from happening? She is still my friend after all." I felt myself getting more and more defensive, and frustrated at him.

"Fine, you know what fine, I'm sick of arguing with you." Shawn ran his hand through his short hair.

"Same." I went to get out of the car, but he grabbed my arm.

"Wait- Don't go, I'm sorry." He looked down at his lap, and I sighed, as I sat back in the seat.

"Okay..." He reached out, and held my hand, and kissed it softly.

"Be friends with Lauren, if that's what you really want." He then wrapped his hand around my head, and stroked my hair softly, bringing us close together.

"She really does need me Shawn." I kissed his lips gently, and brought up my own hand, to play in his hair.

"Can we stop fighting now?" Shawn kissed me back, and I laughed breathily, as I reciprocated his kiss.

"We weren't fighting, just disagreeing..." I countered, and he smiled, as he sighed into my neck.

"Yeah... disagreeing." Shawn repeated. I was just glad everything was cleared up now, because I was serious when I told Lauren I wasn't going to let her down again.

——

I hate Mondays.

Doesn't every high school kid? Or teacher even.

But the good thing about Mondays, was that I had English first class, so I didn't have to move my butt. I tapped Lauren's shoulder, as we sat in homeroom, but she didn't turn around.

"Lauren." I called her name, and heard her sigh, before turning around.

"What do you want now." She groaned, and glared at me, but I wasn't giving up.

"Take a chill pill... I was just wondering what are you doing for lunch today?" I asked hopefully, and she turned around, before answering.