Enter hearttred

He's finally here!!

Emma's POV

After searching the base for a suitable picnic spot we got back to the boys, Gosei and Tensou we discovered that they had already decided on using the sky ship Zord for our picnic, bringing it in for us to get on and then enjoying our picnic I'm the clouds which honestly sounded better than the cold hallways we found. Gia and I agreed and after a bit more discussion, we all decidedly head to the mall to look for supplies and decided in what we wanted to eat.

As we were walking back to the mall through the park, we saw lots of couples together which wasn't too surprising considering the love that was in the air, but then we saw something very strange. A man was confessing his love to a girl who was already with another woman supposedly her girlfriend. The girl rejected him rather harshly judging from the laughter of the two women. The strange thing was, as the man bowed his head, obviously heart broken, his skin became visibly greyer and he rapidly became some sort of zombie. The zombie walked towards the lady's who quickly ran away screaming. Seconds after the lady's left, a monster appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

It was a large scarlet red and black, square monster that reminded me of a playing card. It had half hearts all over its body in contrasting colours to the swirls of red and black that made up its body. It's head was heart shaped and perfectly half and half coloured, the right side when looking at it was scarlets red and the left was jet black. It's eyes were the only different colour being two glowing orbs of putrid, sickly yellow. I'm it's right had was a black staff that was just short of the monster itself. One end was a tinted black glass looking heart just under half filled with some sort of liquid. The other being the top, judging by the way he held it. It appeared to be some sort of half heart outline with a sharp looking point for the cross section in the middle. (See image above for reference to the top of the staff). He to the zombie in a sticky sounding voice which I didn't even know was possible!

(This kind of thing but less armour-y and with black and red swirling about instead of black red

(This kind of thing but less armour-y and with black and red swirling about instead of black red.)

"Oh you poor heartbroken fool. Don't worry, Hearttred is here to sooth your pain, become my minion and you will never feel heart break again!" The monster then taped is staffs point to the mans forehead and a black heart appeared. Hearttred as he was apparently called, then decided to 'test' his new minion and made him walk about for a bit before he got board and started 'attacking' again. And by 'attacking', I mean he starts to use his staff to fire a bolt of some sort of energy at a couple who then suddenly started to act overly romantic.

"Yes. That's right feel the love. Feel the heart break!" He exclaimed as he spun his staff upside down holding up the glass bottle thing and what he's as the liquid turned from red to black. He then proceeded to spin it back around and shot another beam at the same couple as before hitting the man who went from happily holding hands with his partner with her resting her head on the his shoulder, to roughly shoving her off of him and ripping his hand from hers before storming off angrily. The women held up her hands and calling out to him as her skin got visibly greyer just as the mans before had. We then watched as Heartted began to approach the soon to be zombie at which Troy decided as the perfect time to intervene.

Troy's POV

That monster is going to take control of that lady who he had hurt in one of the worst ways possible. Although I will never mention it to the others, I have known heartbreak and it kills worse than all of the injuries I have ever gotten from fighting as a ranger. I won't let this monster do that to anyone else. I jog up to him with my team close behind and, as usual, attempt to get the monsters attention to allow time for the people to get away.

"Hay lame of hearts! Leave there love lives alone!" I yelled succeeding in getting his attention.

"And who are you to know anything about love Mr single!?" He retaliated.

"Your worst nightmare that's who. It's morphin' time!! Go go megaforce!" I yelled as we all morphed into megaforce mode and began to run towards Hearttred.

"Oh no you don't! Attack my minions!" Suddenly, at lease 15 more of the zombies like that man before came out of nowhere and attacked us.
"Carful!" I said "there still innocent people! We don't want to hurt them." Thought having said that, I was then forced to punch a guy square in the nose as he was about to attack me. Though in my defence, I did hold back.

"Try telling them that!!" Jake yelled as he was struggling with five zombies whilst we all have about two or three each.

"I'm coming Jake!" Gia reassured him as she left her two much weaker than before but still mostly unharmed. I somehow knew that she would be ok but I had a bad feeling that this Hearttred would target them so I tried to keep and eye on them a bit more which isn't the easiest thing to do when you have three zombie-things attacking you from two different directions and you don't want to hurt them.

No ones POV

Whilst the rangers were all fighting the love-zombies-heartbroken things, Hearttred proceeded to 'claim' the lady from before. As he turned around to see who was winning, he saw Gia and Jake almost dancing as they fought and saw an opportunity. He spun his staff upside down once more and the liquid once again turned red. He then proceeded to jump into attacking the pair of rangers. They blocked most of his attacks but he was too fast and worked well with his zombie minions resulting in the fight ending with Gia and Jake de-morphed on the ground before him. He shot a single red blast at the two of them.

He laughed maniacally and turned around....

I know cliffhanger! I'm sorry but I am trying to keep these chapters at just over 1000 words so they don't get too long. Hope you like Hearttred. I told inspiration from the live action Alice in wonderland and thought that the playing cards would make for a good base for Hearttred. Let me know if any thoughts and I'll post a new chapter soon. Bye ☺️