Chapter 5

The driver dropped them off at college, surprisingly at the same one. Clay and Tubbo had computer science as their major, Tommy's was social science and the girl's was biology. Their courses weren't that far; they planned to meet up at lunch. Clay waved goodbye as he strode east with Tubbo, Tommy took north-west and the teen girl went west. Entering her class, her eyes scanned the room- at least twelve students were pouring over thick books and noting key points down. She looked for a group to sit down with; a group of three caught her eye. One of them, wore a cyan blue shirt, had chocolate brown eyes and short, wavy, brown hair. The next boy had slightly long hair, held back by a white bandanna, a light stubble and pale green eyes. Sweet enough, there was a girl. She had doe brown hair, her bangs dyed blonde, her soft blue eyes glittered behind her glasses. They were huddling over thick books as they discussed silently, smug grins plastered on their faces. The girl noticed her staring at them and waved. Waving back, not knowing what else to do.

"Hey, you guys seem okay to sit with, may I join you?" the girl merely asked, her voice slightly trailing off.

"Why not?" the shorter boy accepted, his British accent clearly used, pulling out a chair underneath the table.

The rest off the group politely shook hands, either ink-stained or pleasantly warm. As the girl settled in, she took out her laptop and three books from her duffel bag. The boys were astounded at the amount of work she completed, the girl barely batting an eye at the pile of books that were nearly the same amount as hers.

"Woah, that's a hell lot of work. Me and George barely made a dent for ours, didn't we?" the tall one joked, nudging the Brit by the elbow. "By the way, I'm Nicholas, just call me Nick for short. This is George and this is Niki." 

Niki humbly gazed at the new girl, giving her a name tag and a schedule. 

"Here, somethings that might help you. The schedule changed again, I'm afraid." Niki hissed into her ear, a strong German accent escaped from her lips.

Thanking her now considered friends for moral support, she started sorting her notes on her side of the table. The lecturer arrived, trudging a rucksack filled with pens and notes. Giving only instructions and mere information about their goal for the day, they independently obeyed and reluctantly did 'light' research. Niki was sketching pictures of DNA and George was discussing with Nick what was the purpose of RNA. Niki pulled out her laptop and typed in her notes, looking at her paper then typing rapidly on her keyboard. After two hours of dreadful learning, it was lunch time. Students were filling out of their classes, footsteps echoing against the walls. Her group went last, avoiding crowds due to not wanting to be bashed on locker doors. Soon, they reached the cafeteria, a long line waiting for their meal.

As they waited in line, the girl's eye caught the sight of Clay, Tommy and Tubbo at the far right corner of the cafeteria. Tubbo was admiring the mint green walls, Tommy rocked himself on the blaze orange chair as Clay served their lunches on the table. Nick waved his hand above her eyes, signaling that they are at the front of the line. An old lady was there, a dry smile placed on her saggy face. She was wearing a stained apron, holding a ladle in her right hand.

"Uh, I'll have the meatballs with the cranberry jam, please." (Y/N) ordered, watching the lady scooped up a dozen meatballs, two scoops of mashed potatoes and a spoonful of jam. 

Passing her a tray with her meal, she sauntered towards the table. She gently placed her tray and glanced at her friends. Clay smiled as he twirled his fork, scooping spaghetti into a ball. Tommy waved wryly and Tubbo grinned toothily. Nick called from behind, tailed by George and Niki. Clay sprang up to greet them, dabbing his mouth.