Chapter 1

The bedroom was pitch black. The velvet curtains were drawn over the window which would have let  in a stream of moonlight, but the light was just a cold reminder of happiness, and that was the last emotion the boy lying in bed felt. The television had been shut off, the only noise coming from the sobbing of a young boy, curled in his bed, fighting to put the little voice in his head at ease. 

“You’re a loser!” The demonic voice antagonized. “You’re a piece of shit. That’s why your mother died. She smelled failure on you and got out quick before she was stuck. Why do you think Derek hates you? It’s because you’re worthless and ugly. Who wants a scrawny little twig like you? You can’t even get Lydia and she’s a dope!”

“Shut up!” Stiles cried out in tears.

The inner voice in his head had been haunting him for as long as he could remember.

Maybe it all started when his mother passed. That was the darkest time for Stiles. His father was always working at the station, and all he had was his conscience to keep him company.

Even so, Stiles' once and only friend had made a dreadful turn for the worst. Of course he had Scott, but even Scott wouldn’t understand the complexity which was Stiles. He was layered, like an onion. Stiles was more than the sarcastic, funny boy everyone knew him of being. He was actually bashful and mute when it came to expressing his inner emotions. 

Stiles was depressed more than ever. He used a pillow to cover his ears, which was a waste of time. The voice was in Stiles' head, and in no way was it disappearing now. Stiles was at his lowest, and the demon fed on the his unhappiness. 

The night was dying but the voice was more alive than ever. It had been taunting and hurting Stiles, and Stiles had no choice but to endure it. He even agreed that he would never end up with Derek, for who could ever love a beast like him?

Stiles spent another restless night fighting with his demon, and before he knew it, his alarm clock rang on the nightstand. He turned it off with a bang.

To his dismay, it was Saturday and he had the entire day alone. Scott was still drooling over Allison, and his father was sure to be working another long shift at the station. Stiles fell back into his bed, his eyes still red from the night before. 

“You don’t even have a life,” the demon rambled. “Boo-hoo, my name is Stiles Stilinski and I’m all alone. Boo-hoo!”

“Shut the fuck up . . . shit! Leave me alone already!”

“I’m never going to leave you alone." Demon laughed. 

Restless and distraught, Stiles thought if he opened the window the demon would disappear from the sunlight. He staggered out of bed to test his theory.

A strong sunshine lit up the corners of his room, revealing his queen sized bed, desk filled with late homework, computer and school bag, and dresser with a television centered in the middle. 

“Still here.” 

Stiles punched the wall, tiredly resting his forehead against it. He was tired, irritated and getting more depressed. Stiles couldn’t take it anymore.

He took a hot shower which lasted close to an hour, dressed in a loose plaid, buttoned shirt, showing the top of his chest, and a pair of ripped jeans.

Finding a need to escape, Stiles jumped into his jeep, heading anywhere into the unknown. 

The sky was muggy and gray. There was a light drizzle in the air. Stiles drove out of the neighborhood onto a long stretch of road that he had no idea where it led to. He turned the radio on  full blast, drowning out the evil chuckles and rants inside of his head.