Chapter 5

Derek stared deep into Stiles’ eyes and once in his life found it hard to breathe.

Stiles looked at Derek longingly, waiting for him to finish talking when a howl tore through the sky and Derek’s sharp teeth stuck out between his lips.

He stood up abruptly and walked to window.

Stiles sat up but was too weak to move. He stared at Derek who opened the shutters, looked outside and rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Stiles heard Derek noisily run down the staircase and the front door slammed open. 

“What the hell are you doing with Stiles?”

Stiles immediately noticed the voice as Scott’s.

“He needs to go to the hospital, Derek. His father called me and I tracked his scent to your house. He needs to go to the emergency now. Move!”

“He’s fine,” Derek growled harshly. “His bones are just bruised and I’ve been treating his head wound for the past two days. Stiles is fine.”

Stiles stomach grumbled and he looked at the tray of food across the room. He stood up again and made it half way when the nausea from his head sent him falling onto the floor with a huge crash.

Stiles could hear hectic running up the stairs and Derek picked him up. Stiles wrapped his arms around his neck and his legs around Derek’s waist. 

“He’s not okay!” Scott complained. “He needs to go to the emergency. My mom is working today and he’ll be in better hands than he is here.”

Derek laid Stiles on the bed but Stiles refused to let his grasp go.

Derek pushed against Stiles’ torso softly, staring intently into the brown eyes. When Stiles saw Derek’s expression, he whimpered and Derek twitched.

Stiles complained when Derek tore away his arms and hands, dragging Scott out of the bedroom and back downstairs. All Stiles could think of was the food on the table. 

“Stiles is fine---.”

“No he’s not!” Scott yelled. 

Derek sighed.

“Fine, after I’m done talking to him, I’ll drive him to the hospital myself.”

“His dad has been looking for him for the past two days. He’s got all the officers on patrol.”

“Lie,” Derek groaned, slamming the front door shut.

Derek appeared back into the room and placed the food tray on Stiles’ lap, sitting on the side of the bed. 

Stiles wasted no time eating the chicken noodle soup that Derek had made. During the process of eating, Derek watched intently as if Stiles was going to disapprove of his cooking. 

“It’s good,” Stiles complimented, easing Derek’s worry. 

“You must just be hungry,” Derek smiled.

Stiles was in shock. He had never seen Derek smile before. It was an amazing sight. Stiles continued to eat and Derek watched intrigued. When he was done, Derek took the tray away and came back with another full bowl. Stiles was still hungry and ate it without saying a word. 

“So---,” Derek broke the silence. He placed the empty tray on the ground and Stiles found the air to be uncomfortable, “did you try and kill yourself?” he asked, with no eye contact. 

“No.” Stiles said hard. “It was an accident.”

“That’s hard to believe when you’ve been moody and talking in your sleep for the past few days.”