soul? sold.

Hnghh.. ughh.. w-what?

The overwhelming scent of burnt toast wrenches you from your sleep. Your eyes shoot wide open, you immediately regret opening them as light stabs into your already sensitive eyes. You roll over onto your stomach, burying your head beneath the duvet, grunting in exhausted agony.

What a great start to the morning.

After a while, the painful sensation ebbs away into a dull throbbing ache. You lift your head reluctantly from the pillow and squint your eyes open once more.

You gingerly sit upright in the bed, rubbing your eyes for a moment, trying to rub the sleep off.

You yawn slightly and blink the rest of the sleepiness away. You glance around, noticing only two people in the room besides yourself.

BF or rather Keith sleeps curled up against a large comforter, his arm thrown haphazardly across his face. While Cherry herself rests peacefully on the other side of the mattress, her glossy hair splayed across the covers, they both snore in perfect harmony.

WAIT.

GG's sleeping here.

With you.

She's not downstairs making breakfast.

She's here.

With you.

So who...?

Unless..

A break-in?

You shake your head. you're a light sleeper, you'd notice any kind of anomaly even if you had your plugs in..

Yeah right.

You sneak out of bed and quietly pick up GG's Delicate Peachy Perfect body mist.

Hey.. It's not mace. But that shit could blind a fucker for two hours tops.

You tiptoe carefully out of the bedroom, fighting to not rouse GG or her boyfriend awake.

You creep down the deathly quiet stairs each step longer and louder than the last, until you finally reach the living room. You venture onward until you're met with the kitchen's entrance.

You cast a rushed gaze over the sun-lit kitchen. There's nothing in sight.

You turn to head back upstairs, but notice a familiar pair of pale eyes staring right at you. He sits cross-legged on top of the couch, with a bowl of half-eaten cereal tucked between his legs.

Your stomach churns, and you swallow thickly. His gaze softens instantly, a small smile graces his face as you slowly make your way closer. The pungent smell of burning breakfast hits your nostrils, you take polite shallow breaths, so as to not offend him for his shockingly atrocious cooking.

"Good morning." He greets softly, his voice raspy and low.

You nod in response, your eyes never meeting his.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, his voice still as soft and gentle as ever.

You shrug, "Better.. more or less."

He nods, "Do you want any tea?"

"Yeah." You reply, your voice coming out much huskier than intended.

He nods again, "Give me a sec."

He slides off the couch and extends his slender arms out in a lazy stretch. Your eyes follow him, observing every inch of his lithe figure.