Memories

When I wake, I realize I'm settled next to a huge, warm body, and I don't exactly want to move. It also may be due to the fact that my head is aching. I groan quietly, hoping I don't wake him.

He shifts, and the arm that was orginally inconspicuously thrown around me, makes its presence known by tightening the grip.

I slowly begin to rotate my body, turning myself to face him. Once we're both facing each other, I slowly rest my body back on the mattress.

I let out a deep, slow sigh.

My eyes inexplicably find his face, and I stare in amazement.

The shattering feeling of my head splitting lessens, and I reach my hand out.

My hand glides over a sharp jawline, making it's way around thick, pink lips. I make sure not to touch them. I reach his dark, fluffy eyebrows, and the edge of his beautiful, sooty locks. Without any preamble I slide my fingers through them, combing his hair. My hands stops, and slowly moves down to caress his cheek, where I let it linger. And then, I retract my hand, satisfied with this gorgeous man in front of me.

My eyes still peruse his face, and I somehow skip over his extraordinary eyes, saving the best for last.

Finally, after a few minutes, I shift my gaze down to his eyes.

Bright, mysteriously green eyes peer back at me.

Bright, mysteriously green, open, eyes peer back at me.

I widen my own eyes in horror.

I have the urge to stutter out a reply, an apology maybe, but all I can do is ogle, and hope he didn't feel me touching him.

But, that hope is obliterated, when he reaches his own hand out, and skims it along my face. Going the exact route that I did.

Along my jawline, around my lips, past my eyebrows, and into my hair. After he's done feeling my hair, his hand falls down along my cheek, barely touching it. And then he's done.

And his eyes, searing into my own, with a telltale lust speaking to me through its own language.

I'm afraid, no- I am overwhelmed by the fierce love I have for him threatening to suffocate me in its clutches.

I swallow down my unease, and start to breathe heavily, intoxicated by how close in perimeter he is to me. I haven't ever been able to get this close to him.

He continues to gaze into my ever curious eyes, quirking an eyebrow, daring me to drop his intimidating inspection.

I simply remain still, squinting my eyes a bit. And then, the moment is broken when a sharp bark punctures the silence.

I groan, the earlier head splitting coming back. The boisterous noise seems to shove its way into my skull, setting off more pain than ever.

With my whimper, Marcelo twists his head, concern displayed on his face blatantly.

He gets out of the luxurious bed (I don't know how) and without a word, begins to walk out of the room. I gawk after him, wondering where he's going. Minutes later, he returns, a bottle of pills, and a water bottle in his hands.

The inner romantic inside of me squeals, and I desperately subdue her. I keep a straight face, grabbing the things he hands to me. I rub my eyes, dragging the sleep away from them.

We still don't speak a word, and slowly, I start to recall what things I had said last night. My eyes widen, and my cheeks begin to burn like a fire. I stumble out of the bed, stepping away from him.

My head remains down, and I make my way towards the door. He does nothing until I'm halfway out the door, my bare leg stuck out of the door, raised to continue.

Then, I'm jerked back abruptly, and he braces me against his chest. His breathing is erratic, and mine mirrors his. My back is pressed fully to his front, and I lay steady against him.

I carfully turn around, my eyes level with his strong chest. I wrap my arms around his torso, and rest my head on his chest. He stiffens, and then with a sigh, his chin comes to a stop on my head.

I breathe out a shaky sigh, and he tightens his grip around my body.

I can't believe this is happening. Ever since marrying him, he's been in the office, and never home. I expected him to confront me, and maybe we would fall in love, have some kids.

But, months had gone by, and we never did that. He kept his distance, and I lay dormant in this huge house, keeping my distance as well. I didn't expect to be ignored and tossed aside. I thought I would be welcomed with open arms, but I was mistaken. We married, and then immediately after, he went straight back to his work.

No honeymoon. No love. No children.

Originally, I was broken by the revelation that I would not have the happy ending every girl desired. And then, I got used to it. Last night was one of my many escapades, except that it didn't go as planned.

And now, here I was. In his bedroom, which I had only seen from afar, whenever he entered or exited the room.

I was jilted by the realization that right now, in this moment, I was in his arms. And everything, felt okay.

I could smell the faint linger of cologne, and I wished that I could smell that every morning.

With a heavy sigh, I lean away. My heart is being squeezed, and I hope that maybe it will be wrung hard enough that my feelings for him will be washed away.

But, he stares intensely into my eyes.

"Marcelo, I don't really think this is going to work."

He squints, trying to decipher my words.

"I just, I don't think my words last night should change anything between us."

His arms are crossed, and his stance is overbearing, but I continue.

"They didn't mean anything."

And then, he stops me.

"That is a lie Lucille and we both know it. A drunken mind speaks the truth." His rough voice caresses my ears in a way that no other can.

I look down, suddenly ashamed to have been caught drunk.

"Yeah, maybe my words were true, but yours obviously weren't."

He makes a grunt and then suddenly, I'm being lifted and my legs are attached to his waist.

I gasp, surprised by his blunt actions.

"Alright, let's get something straight here, Lucille. My words were true, and so were yours, so I don't see your point."

"I really wish you wouldn't have found me."

"Well, I'm glad I found you."

And then his lips are grazing across mine, whispering secrets of untold love, and affection.

And I love it.