21

Jake kisses me in the sitting room, as Mathews takes his luggage past us toward the elevator outside the apartment door, his hands cup my jaw leaving me with a kiss that curls my toes. My hormones perking up to say hello, giving me the usual warm tingling longing. I still haven't got a handle on this panty-combusting thing he causes.

"I'll call you when I land okay?" He brushes his nose against mine and lightly kisses me.

"I'll miss you." I sigh against him, my arms around his neck, I reach up to be wrapped around him tightly. He slides his hands down my sides and around my back pulling me in further still. There's nothing in this world that feels like a full-on cuddle from Jake. Nothing will ever compare to this.

"No sneaking off to Chicago until I'm back. Promise me." He narrows his eyes at me, and I sigh.

Last night and again this morning he predictably used his "sexpertize" against me and had me screaming out in agreement that I wouldn't go. I can't believe he can still maneuver me that way and yet here we are.

I really am pathetically submissive when he gets me naked.

"I'm only agreeing because you're agreeing to Operation Leila and taking me on a night out when you return." I smirk at him. His green glare hits me again, he isn't too enamored with the finer details yet.

"We could've just arranged for them to meet here you know?" His voice hitting a slightly edgy tone.

"She wouldn't fall for that and I wouldn't get my night out on the town that I so badly need. All this lazing about and being housebound is getting old. I'm so bored." I sigh and give him my most appealing smile, fluttering my lashes and pouting my lip slightly.

"You do know I'm putting a curfew on this, right? No alcohol, minimal dancing and home in bed by ten." He is focusing on my mouth, making me think about kissing him again.

Yeah, I think not, Mr. Carrero. You sound like a father right now, not a fiancée!

"We'll see." I smile sweetly.

"No, that's what's happening!" He's narrowing his gaze on me and I kiss him quickly. Sometimes that mouth is too tempting, even when he's being difficult.

"We shall see," I shrug, slowly and deliberately, watching that twitch of a smirk start at the corner of his sexy mouth. Jake likes to be bossy and in command, but he also likes me defiant too. He's getting a kick out of my standing up to him lately, but he can't keep his temper when I do. I'm glad though, life would be dull and tiresome if he expected compliance from me. He never got much of it when I was his PA so he sure as hell won't get any more of it just because we're together.

"I need to go, bambino. When I call you tonight, we're going to try some phone sex. If I have to leave you for work, then we're definitely doing that." He grins, and I roll my eyes at him and his typical guy-ness.

Well, you wanted this side of him back and in full roaring glory after all.

"You know you're only going for forty-eight hours? You sound like it's going to be weeks." I laugh at him, swiping a hand at that delicious ass, as he turns away.

"Forty-eight hours without you does feel like weeks." He catches my hand and uses his hold on it to twirl me around so he can deliver a hefty smack on my ass, showing me how to do it. I yelp at the contact, grinning.

Oh, Casanova, still very smooth, aren't you?

"Well you better get going then so I have time to brush up on my most seductive chat up lines for your call Mr. Carrero. I might start with what I'm wearing." I giggle, and he catches me in one final kiss that melts my bones. I wonder if all couples still kiss this way after the honeymoon period has worn off? I can't ever imagine him not doing this to me, even when we're old and crippled.