left alone

The pogues are getting in the Twinkie to go search for the gold. They asked JJ about a million times if he was sure he couldn't go but JJ assured them that they'd be fine without him.

Nova offered to stay and watch over JJ since she was tired of going out everyday to look for the gold in the same places.

"Be safe guys, call me if you need me." Nova smiled and backed up a from the van a little so they could drive away.

She sent the van a little wave and let out a sigh of relief that she was now safe from whatever they're about to put themselves through.

She jumped when she heard a loud bang behind her and turned around to see JJ with his arms spread wide and taking in a deep breath of fresh air. Feeling the clear air soak into him like a cup of coffee in the morning.

"You don't look that sick to me." Nova spoke and walked into the porch - wiping off the leafs on the chair before sitting on it.

"Yea, never was. I'm just tired of searching for that shit." JJ ran his fingers through his hair at an attempt to style it.

Nova let out a laugh and remarked that she was also tired of it.

Everyday they wake up early to search for clues then by 7pm they go out to try and find it. There's only so many places it could be and she's sure they've checked all of them and seeing the look on John b's face after failure at finding it is never heart warming.

She looked over to see JJ pulling out something from his pocket and she didn't need to see the object to know what it was.

She watched him put the blunt to his lips and flick his lighter before inhaling the wrapped herbs. He exhaled and leaned his head back, already feeling 10x better than he did 5 seconds ago.

He held the bunt high, motioning for Nova to grab it from him. She walked towards him and didn't hesitate to grab it before laying down on the left side of the couch then setting her feet on the right arm of the couch.

She inhaled a little more than JJ, wanting to see if he'd notice, and he did.

"Show off." He muttered and snatched the blunt away from her. He attempted to inhale 2x as much her but that was obviously a fail since he's coughing up a storm.

All Nova could do is laugh, she held her stomach from the pain of laughing so hard at him attempting to succeed at smoking more than her.

He quickly slapped her thigh, "Shut up." He attempted to say in an angry tone but couldn't stop a laugh from escaping his lips.

She felt her body heat up from his action. The feeling of him slapping her thigh made her heart stop yet beat faster at the same time. She was already attracted to him without any weed in her system but when she gets high, sometimes she doesn't think she can control herself.

The feeling of need she has for him when she's high is insane. She swears it takes every nerve, bone, breath and brain cell to restrain herself.

She isn't high, but she's wanting to be. She doesn't want to jump on him and rip his clothes off - the need to do so is already too much due to them being alone but she wants to test her limits and see how long she can go without pressing her lips onto his and taking him on this couch.

"Geez, J, are you ever gonna give that thing back?" Nova sent him a dead look and took it from his lips before laying back down.

After about 6 more hits back to back, she's definitely feeling high. "Is this the stuff Barry just got in?" She asked and held the blunt in front of her.

"Yea, it's so good right? You just can't smoke too much of it or you'll lose all the composure you have." He smiled and took another hit before putting it out.