《VII》

"D-Don't go, Wa-chan."

Fuuto was sobbing as he tried to wipe his tears that kept falling from his brown eyes to which a soft smile made its way to Wayuu's lips, and she raised her hand and patted his head, hoping it would ease his sadness a bit.

"I'm not going that far, Fuuto. I'm just going back to where I live. You can visit me if you want, or if I have a lot of free time, I will come by again."

"Wayuu is right. Maybe we can play with her tomorrow." Yuusuke spoke up, also wanting to calm his little brother although he, too, was saddened that Wayuu had to leave. 

Tears burst out of the toddler's eyes even more, and he swiftly engaged his short arms around Wayuu's body.

"No! I don't want it! I don't want it!" Fuuto wailed as his cry grew louder.

The jet black haired girl glanced awkwardly at the red haired boy, who had looked at her, and she switched her gaze towards the other brothers, who were standing nearby and watching them with amusement in advance of the time Masaomi stepped forward. He rubbed Fuuto's head gently and with a smile, he started to crouch down and open his mouth.

"Fuuto, Wayuu-san has to go back to the orphanage because there must be a lot of people missing her, right? There, there. Like Wayuu-san said, you can visit her or we can invite her for a sleepover like last night. Okay?"

Bowing his head, the said boy's cry gradually quieted down as he sniffed.

"O-Okay…"

Wayuu noticed the bangs of Fuuto were a bit too long that almost went into his eyes, to which the little girl decided to take two clips she had often worn from her hair and put them on the toddler's bangs. It surprised the boy, of course, before he took one of the clips from his hair and looked at it in amazement.

"Are these for me?"

Wayuu beamed gently. "Mhm! If you ever feel lonely, sad, or maybe miss me, just wear those and… I don't know if it will make you better or not, but I hope they can."

Fuuto, who had been staring in awe at the clip he was holding made it seem as if the rarest thing in the world, broke out a big smile.

"Arigatou, Wa-chan! Arigatou! I love them! Don't worry, Wa-chan, I will take care of them with my life and always wear them everyday." The boy exclaimed in full of determination.

The ravenette let out a chuckle and patted Fuuto's head again.

"Hai, hai. I believe you." A warm smile went its way to Wayuu's lips. "Here, for you too, Yuusuke."

The said boy stared at the two different coloured clips with his eyes broadening in surprise. "For me?!"

"Of course!"

Yuusuke gaped at the clips in advance of the time he rubbed his neck shyly as his cheeks were reddening at the thought of first gift from this new friend of his.

"W-Well, I guess I'll take it, and… thank you."

Whereas the three children were having their sweet moment, the other brothers who watched felt as though their hearts had melted. Tsubaki… well, he was kind of in a state like a person who just had a heart-attack.