My truth

A/N   This is my second piece of work. I can only hope everyone can like my writings. Am sorry am not able to update as planned because am busy but I promise to do my best. Love you psychos

       I wake up and find myself tied up to the chair. My body is aching so bad but I can't do anything. I can hardly move a muscle. I take this time to look around the room but that's a mistake I shouldn't have made.

       My heart starts to pound louder and I feel my chest contracting. I can't breathe. I wonder how I got a phobia of the dark.

       This is really something I need to fight in order to survive this world my dad has created for me.

      "Finally my princess is awake. Come on, your punishment is over." My father walks to me and removes the chains on both my hands and legs. He holds me and leads me out of the room.

       The light outside is blinding and I shut my eyes because it stings. I open them slowly so that I can adjust to the light. Finally am out of the dark.

       Dad leads me to the car and puts me in the back seat. I look out the window and notice we came out of an incomplete building. It looked very ancient and I had never seen it before.

       I do know most of my dad's properties, even the ones where the illegal drug and weaponry shipment are carried out. I do know where his lab is located too. He made sure I visited them whenever I was out of school so I could know how the "business" is run.

         We drive for about three hours before I can see the familiar buildings leading to the hell hole I call a home. I spend the whole journey in silence not really paying attention to my dad and that William guy.

         "Go have a rest. You have to go to school tomorrow." Dad said and went inside leaving me alone with William. I stare at the guy for a while just wondering where he came from.

      He's no different from Dad. They both must've been cut from the same cloth. Thinking of it, he looks like my dad.

      Maybe it's all in my head. Am just trying to make sense out of nothing. But he really does look like dad. The same green eyes that dad and I have. Same long shinny black hair. Argggghhhh Camaya, stop that.

      I head to my room and straight to the bathroom. I sit in the bathtub and let the hot water flow, filling the tub. I nearly sit in the water for two hours before I hear a knock on my door and come back to earth.

      The water has already gone cold and my body has become cold too. I didn't feel that earlier. I step out of the bathtub and put on my bathrobe before I step out of the bathroom.

     The person behind the door knocks again and I feel my head pounding with the noise he makes when he knocks on the door.

       "Boss said you must eat this before you go to bed." William brings in food and places the tray on the table.

        I really don't want to talk to him so I stay quiet. He walks to me and stands right in front of me.

      "Be careful." He said and left immediately. I shrug and lay on my bed the rest of the day.

      Next day I wake up pretty early and get myself ready for school. I won't say a word and just do as am told. That's what's going to happen.

      On reaching school, everyone around me starts to act weird. Like really weird.

     "Am so sorry for your loss,Camaya." Mrs. Ariel said and hugged me. What loss? Oh! I almost forgot. I lost my mom.

      When I was in the bathroom yesterday, I decided to forget about my mom. I promised that I would make myself so busy I wouldn't think about her so I won't miss her.

      But stupid people at school won't let me forget about her in peace. Wait, how did they know my mom is no more? What did my dad do?

     "Ho... how did you... know?" I asked.

      "Your dad was on the news yesterday and he said you were attacked by some people and your mom got caught in between. He said you were very overwhelmed by everything that happened so you couldn't attend school."

        So that's the excuse that bastard gave the world. We were attacked. Hahaha I laugh dryly surprising everyone around. They don't know what am going through.

       They have no idea what I've been through. They have no idea I watched my mom die in front of me. They have no idea I know exactly what happened that day, that there were no other people but my dad, mom and I.

       I alone know how much it hurts to know the exact truth, what exactly happened. What fucking happened to my mom. My truth. My life is the definition of a hell hole.