Shopping

Fuka has a slight knowledge about hardware computers, but still not knowing enough about the technical specs.

I can't believe it! I happen to have someone by my side, and it's Fuka herself! Now, she's asking me to accompany her to buy her own PC, not to mention that she's actually wealthy! Also, she wore her typical shoulderless green attire, which I always adore and she knows it too, she looks pretty with it.

Oh yeah, even though she's wealthy, she said that her budget target is around $1500, but I understand what she's doing.

"Y/N, What's CPU the best in price to performance as of now?"

"From what I see, it's the Intel Core I5 12400F."

"Interesting, usually that AMD thing is always "the budget", but they made a comeback now huh?"

"True, but still held back on the higher end CPU. Lucky that this chip only costs about $120, and it's even faster than my Ryzen 5 3600 or 5600x."

"Nice. I'll take that." 

Fuka took the box, and put it on the cart wheel. And we went to the motherboard section.

"Motherboard, the link of the hardware. Is there a smaller one like you use there?"

"Here." I showed her the small motherboard that is meant for small cases, like mine.

"Usually, for your CPU, this one (Asrock Z690-ITX) should be adequate for $150. That $100 charge for a premium board can be put somewhere like RAM or something else...."

"Just as I thought, don't overspend on a useless feature. Alright, I'll take this." 

She took the box that I mentioned, and we're moving to the RAM section.

"RAM. For usage background. So many options here...." 

"For your build like this, one thing to remember is the size of the RAM. Taller heatsink, and there's a big chance that It'll get blocked by the panel. I recommend the low profile one."

"Good thinking, Y/N. I'll take the Corsair one. Oh with a 16GB capacity of course."

"Have you checked the frequency and latency?"

"What's that supposed to mean? Is it crucial?" Fuka seems like she doesn't know about that technical sheets.

"Frequency is something like a "3200mhz" and latency is like "CL19" or something like that. It's complicated to read it"

"Then, what's the meaning of it?"

"Simple. The higher the frequency, the faster the performance. While latency is always good at lower numbers, hence the word latency."

"The one you hold it, is a 2666hz CL16 RAM, which means it's pretty much outdated for today's standards. Here, let me help you find the optimal one."

"No no, It's alright, Y/N. I want to search for it by myself. You're smart, Y/N, you know that? That's why I love you~" This is the first time I hear someone compliment my skill with my own ears....

"Ooh what's this? It's 3600mhz but with CL19. Is it okay for you?" Seems like Fuka found the right one.

"Hmm, it's alright. The high frequency compensates for that high latency, in the end you'll definitely don't feel any lag difference in real life.".

"Nice explanation, Y/N. Alright, that checks for another $60! Next!" 

We're moving to the GPU part.