let her go.

I pull up my car into the store slowly. I parked it safely and stepped out to open the door for my wife.

"What is this place? " Naina asks me in confusion.

"This is a book/cassette tape store. " I said.

"I thought everyone stopped using cassettes. "

"No. Those are still available here." I point to the vintage shop.

We enter into the store and the smell of old books hit hard on us.

"When I was young I used to come here all the time with my grandpa. " I added.

"Oh, this place is awesome. Your grandpa had some taste. " Naina smiled at me.

"Yes, in here we get all the rarest of rare books. And the cassettes have all the old songs in it."

There was only a few people in there. Some hipster kids were rummaging through the cassette shelves while one girl was reading a book leaning on the book shelf.

"Ishaan, come here. " Naina called me.

"This was my favorite book when I was young. We used to get books donated at the orphanage, and one of them was this. ". Naina raised a pink covered book with the title 'Alice in wonderland' to show me.

"Why do you like it so much? " I ask her taking the book from her hand, and flipping it through.

"The story is of a girl who escapes the reality and finding some really cool friends. That was the only thing I wanted to do when I was young. " She smiled.

"Well you know you're married to one of the coolest guy in the world. So in a way you did get what you wanted. " I smirks as she rolls her eyes.

We finds some  books and a small table to sit. The table was too small that when we sat, our knees were touching.

"I love poetry. " Naina said pointing to the poetry book in my hand.

"Well let's see what's in it. " I flip to the first page and starts to read the first poem aloud to her.

'Why are you crying?  Come,
Give me your hand instead -
Promise again
To come in dreams.

You and I
Are like grief and the mountain,
We will not meet
in this world.
But sometimes
Will you send across the stars
A sign? '

"That's really beautiful and you have kind of.... good voice. " Naina said blushing hard at me.

"I know" I said and winked at her.

We continued to read several other books and talk about it. We didn't realize the time was already 9 pm.

Before we left the store, my eyes caught on a cassette which was labelled 'songs that reminds of me her'. I bought the cassette along with some books.

We were in the car when Naina turned to me and asked "What happened with your grandpa?"

"He was the one who looked after me all my childhood. I was so close with him. We used to watch old hollywood and bollywood movies together. He was the one who taught me how to sing until he fell sick. My parents send me away to the boarding school after. He died when I was in school and they didn't let me go home for his funeral. I cried for all day but my parents thought it was better for me to stay at school. I still miss him...so much and I still see him in my dreams all the time." I said.

I turned to see Naina wiping a tear away from her eyes.

"I wish I had someone like him." Naina bend her head down.