Chapter 12- Roses

Harley

Harley

Three sharp raps sound at my door as I jolt my head up from my guitar. The sleek black alarm clock reads five-thirty in the morning and the sun is just barely beginning to peek over the sky. 

I've been up since four this morning. 

The bed was amazing, soft, probably the best thing I have ever slept in. I tossed the entire night, my brain furious.

Now that I'm here, it doesn't feel real. I miss the band. I miss Adrian. God, I even miss Gullwitch Cove. I love music, I do. For a while, it's just been me. My family, the band, and always music have been the only things I've ever had. I've gotten good at what I do. People from all over Louisiana came to watch the band play, to listen to something different than the soul-numbing country pop normally played all over the state.

Now I'm in Los Angeles, where the entire world is about to hear me. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. The worst part is, I don't know if I'm ready to do it without the band. Without the boys who've been there for me since day one. 

Another knock sounds at my door and I realize that Autumn has been standing out there for at least five minutes. "Harley? Are you awake?" I stand up, straightening my loose white t-shirt and trying my best to smooth down my unruly black hair. When I open the door, Autumn stands outside, red hair in a high ponytail, a guitar case strapped across her back.

"Come on," she says, "I want to show you something."

When I hesitate, Autumn raises a perfectly trimmed eyebrow and pulls down on the sleeves of her brown sweater. "You can either wait for time to pass you by or you can make something of the time that you have." As she speaks, her eyes are moving around my messy room, but to her credit, she stays quiet.

"Well?" She says, grabbing my leather jacket off of the floor. "Are you coming?"

She holds it out to me and at that moment I would've followed her anywhere.

"Autumn! Oh sugar, I recognized that hair the moment you walked in here." A round woman with a friendly face and deep brown skin begins pinching Autumn's cheeks as Autumn leads me into her 'favorite place in Los Angeles.'