The date

The next day, Marinette went out to find a dress for the night. Damian and her were going to a party hosted by a friend of Bruce's. They decided to stay by each other to call it an actual date. Marinette had also decided that she would try out being Ladybug that day.

"Ahah!" She whispered to herself. She had found her dress. "It's beautiful..." Tikki said. For a moment they stared at the dress, awestruck.

"Everyone will love you," Tikki said.

"You sure? Do you think Damian will like it?"

"Oh, I think he'll LOVE it. But that doesn't matter. You need to feel like a princess yourself. If you feel beautiful, you're beautiful."

"Thanks, Tikki."

"Why don't you pay for this then try out your new power?" Tikki said with a sly grin. Marinette returned the smirk. "Alright."

After she paid for the dress, Marinette hid in a dressing room.

"What was the incantation again?"

"Spots On."

"Right. Tikki, Spots On!"

A red light filled the room and Marinette was surrounded by sparkles. When they faded, Marinette looked at herself in the mirror. She had a complete red suit with black polka dots, and a high-necked collar. On her face was a red and black polka-dotted mask.

Marinette twirled around. There were red ribbons in her hair that flapped when she spun.

She looked down and saw her yo-yo weapon. Marinette pulled it out and swung it around. She threw it up in the air and caught onto something. Her eyes widened and she quickly freed the yo-yo.

Sneaking out of the store with her dress in the bag, she ran to an alley. Trying out her yo-yo once more, she onto something and tugged. She went flying through the air and let out a small yelp.

The yo-yo had come undone and now she was falling. She didn't think. She couldn't think. Then she felt the big muscular arms hold her in a cradle.

"You should be more careful with that yo-yo," said the annoyed but obviously concerned voice.

"Well, it kind of is my first time using it birdie, so....." Marinette looked up into Robin's eyes. They showed concern. Now that they were friends and not enemies and didn't hate each other, he had seemed a lot more concerned with her and her safety.

"You can put me down now." Robin reluctantly put Marinette down.

"I'm fine. I can take care of myself. Plus, I don't want you to see the dress I got for the party tonight," Marinette said with a sly grin.

"Alright, alright. See you back at the mansion in a bit." Marinette nodded.

"Also," Robin paused before leaving, "think of a superhero name." Robin bounded back towards the mansion.

Marinette thought for a moment. A superhero name....Scarabella? No. Beetle Girl? No. Bug Lady? Definitely not. The name suddenly hit her like a flying torpedo. That was it! She decided her name would be Ladybug. Easy and simple enough to remember. 

Marinette-er Ladybug bounded on top of the buildings for a little while longer, attempting the yo-yo again, this time succeeding.

Ladybug went through the window to get to her room and set the bag with the dress on her bed. "Spots Off!" Ladybug said. In a second, she resumed her normal appearance with pink khaki pants and white shirt with flowers.

Marinette looked at her clock. Her eyes widened. She had to get ready right now or else they wouldn't make it to the party on time and would end up being the weird people because they showed up late. Marinette rushed into the bathroom and threw the dress on. Once she looked at herself, she knew that even though the dress was beautiful, it didn't feel like HER.