Chapter 14

The sakura tree's branches moved as if wind was blowing through thwm currently. Yet there was no wind against his skin. He reached down touching the ground and it made him shiver as his hand went through what looked like dirt and sand. Childe and Teucer had vanished. He was left alone staring at a puppet on the ground.
His empty shell laid there. Unmoving his leg dammaged at knee from some sort of fall. The puppet had broken. It was unresponsive and even if he could call out and move the puppet it would not respond. He waited looking at his true self.
The sound of foot steps acroas the sand. There you were. Walking across the beach. You looked different but her new it was you at a glance. You hair was longer, tied up into a hair stick. The beautiful blue green kimono looked wonderful on you and it filled him with a sense of warmth. You coverced quietly with the fox besides you. You were elegant and you gently grazed your fingers across the fur of the fox as you parted ways.
You walked forwards and through the bushes. You walked to the broken marionette. Out of reflex the dolls jointed moved slightly as it sensed your presence. You stood and watched as the joints locked and the puppet stayed laying on the ground. You stepped closer and approached the broken puppet. With gentle fingers you inspected it. With a feather light touch you stroked their face. You gently moved the joints. With elegance and grace you picked it up. You wrapped their arms around your neck, you slipped your arms under his arms and back.
The surroundings, the Sakura trees, the clear waters on beach, melted away. In streaks it was wash away like water color. The new area was a small house. A small cabin tucked away in the forest. You were sat on a chair a knife and piece of wood in hand. The puppet was laying on a table. You carved away at the wood. You were fixing a broken knee of his. You had papers and etchings of diagrams and notes resting beside him and strung up across the walls.
You walked towards the puppet and slid the new joints into place. The puppet and you disappeared like a ripple the house changed. It was late morning you were sat outside the puppet resting in a chair across from you. You held a brush and paints in your hands. With gentle strokes you fixed his damaged face. Again it dripped away and you were altering the clothes and the outfit his wore. Then again it the world changed to a glimpse of you completing the puppet fixing and restoring him to form or glory. As the marionette opened its eyes a glowing light shined bright from inside your chest. You took a breath, slumping down asleep and exhausted next to the puppet.
As Scaramouche moved closer to the two bodies laying on the ground. He watched as the puppets chest and your mirrored each others with swirls of glowing light. The puppet had made his wish and you had granted it.
As the light faded you and the puppet drew away. The area went dark he reached out for you just to have you vanish as cold over took him. The snow seemed to reappear around him. Scaramouche found himself back on the snow covered hills with Childe and Teucer by his side.
Scaramouche looked down at the box in his hand. He needed it get it back to you. Your life depended on it.