Chapter 1: Welcome to Aphrodite's Cup of Tea

(Gender-neutral Y/n)

When you first entered the café Aphrodite's Cup of Tea, you were new to the area, the country, the cuisine, everything. You'd just moved here from Southern Asia, (please bear with me if ur not from there ty ><) leaving your old life, your friends and your family back there.

You were met with the delicate scent of coffee, cookies and cake. It smelled heavenly. Maybe you could stay for just a while, order some tea or coffee or maybe a pastry... No! You shook your head, reminding yourself why you were here. Clutching your resumé in one hand, you made your way to a staff member.

"Uh... Excuse me?" You tapped his shoulder.

He turned around. "Yes?"

His accent was different, not American, but you couldn't place it. He had dark hair with gold at the tips and strangely yellow eyes.

You waved your resumé. "I'm here for an interview. Could you take me to...." You strain your memory. "Diluc?"

He smiled. "Of course, come along. I'm Zhongli by the way."

You return the smile. "Y/n."

He led you behind the counter, passing the kitchen and to a door marked "Manager."

He knocked. "Come in."

You both entered. The room looked like an old fashioned office, with dark wooden furniture and vintage patterns. In a way, you thought, it was beautiful. A man with long red hair in a ponytail was sitting at the desk.

He gestured for you to sit. Zhongli gave a reassuring smile and left.

"You must be Y/n L/n, I assume?"

"Yes," you squeaked. This man's aura was making you feel nervous for some reason. You handed him your resumé.

// Fast Forward //

You left Mr. Diluc Ragnvindr's office in cold sweat. Somehow, despite your nervous trance, you'd gotten the job as an employee in Aphrodite's Cup of Tea.

Apparently, Diluc had told you, there were more restaurants and shops of Aphrodite™. Aphrodite's Glass of Wine, Aphrodite's Bakery, Aphrodite's Bag of Groceries, Aphrodite's Pizzeria, Aphrodite's Cosmetics.... The list went on and on.

You were to start tomorrow. Now, after purchasing a scone and latté, you left for your apartment. You just hoped your roommate, Amber was home. It was her turn to make dinner, like the last two nights she'd skipped.

When you entered, she was on the couch, playing video games. You plop down next to her.

"Rough day?" She asked without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Yeah. But I got the job."

The controller dropped from her hands. She hugged you tightly. "Congratulations Roomie!"

"T-thanks," you croaked.

She let go and headed to the kitchen. "Sorry, I realized it was my turn to make dinner." She smiled sheepishly.

Finally. You thought.

And then you smelt smoke coming from the kitchen.

As you rushed into the kitchen, you could see nothing and hear just sizzling and Amber's coughing.

After successfully managing to fan out the smoke, you glared at Amber.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let Amber cook, you pondered as you inspected the damage.

In the end you both ordered pizza.