"Your eyes were the source of love in my life"

Autumn had finally faded into winter. The slightest layer of snow was covering the streets, reflecting the golden light of street lamps, illuminating the dark December evening. A comfortable coldness lingered in the air and naked trees stayed still like unmoving dark shadows. Nature's rainbow color palette was gone, only dull hues of blue, white and grey was to be appeared but there was a magical hidden beauty in it.

Louis' small apartment was filled with his favorite aromas, baking cookies in the oven, hot tea with ginger and Harry. He took the two mugs of tea into his hands (baby blue one for Harry and the panda printed mug for Louis as usual) and walked through the dark hallway, a musical program playing on tv silently in the living room and filling his ears with some old classical music.

Zayn had gone on a date with Liam (Harry and Louis preferred not to talk about their friends' relationship much, because it was weird, even Liam and Zayn met recently, their bond was too strong) Maybe it was their fate. Maybe they were destined to fall in love quickly and spend so much happy time together. Maybe it's the magic of love. Then why can't that magic work for Louis and Harry too? Wondered Louis as he lazily strolled towards his bedroom. But he suddenly stopped on tracks when he saw a silhouette of someone in Zayn's room.

Harry? What's he doing there?

"What 're you doing there Haz?" He asked, entering the room where Harry was sitting on a stool behind a piano.

Oh, how did he find it?

"Why didn't you tell me you had a piano here?" Complained the green eyed boy, a light pout forming on his rosy lips. The pale color of his skin was almost the same color as the snow outside, his bouncy curls framing his adorable face. He was wearing a cozy sweater, the sky blue color of it matching with his forest green eyes perfectly, showing what an angelic creation of nature is this human being.

Louis handed over the steamy tea to the boy and sat on the edge of Zayn's bed. Harry wrapped his both hands around the mug, in an attempt to get a little warmth but Louis' wondered if he wanted anything to warm him up, because Harry had such a warm heart that melted for anyone, anytime.

The curly haired boy pushed his hair away from his face, giving Louis a thankful smile and Louis was drowning, he was drowning in that beautiful smile, that smile like a spring flower opens up beautifully, free and innocent, pure and gorgeous, starting from his eyes, tugging his plump lips upwards, making his eyes shine, skin glow and every ounce of darkness was fading away, filling Louis' life with warm sunrays, colorful rainbows, fluttering butterflies and delicate blossoms, like an ever opened door to the world of love, caging him in it, making him forget everything...

"I- I'm not playing it anymore, it's Zayn's now. It's something- Something belonged to my past. I don't like to talk about it. So I didn't want to bring it up. Sorry" Louis mumbled out of the blue, staring at the other boy's pink lips that were still streched with a smile. But it faded away as soon as those words left Louis' mouth. No.

Louis wanted to slap himself. Opening up about his past to someone else was something Louis' hated most. He never liked to break down in front of another person. He thought it will be easy with Harry but he still hasn't got used to it. Not even with Harry. It really was hard.

Past was gone. He wanted to forget it and live in the moment. He wanted to be happy. 

"Oh" murmured Harry. "I just saw it and I was curious. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you Lou"

And Louis' heart melted if that's possible in that freezing cold winter. This is why Louis loved Harry most! The green eyed boy could always understand him. If it was someone else, they would pressure Louis to reveal his past. But Harry never did that. No matter what Louis tried to hide from him, he never got mad or left him. He always stayed by his side, assuring him. Louis just loved Harry too much. He wished he was brave enough to tell him.

Harry's gaze was fell down on to his fingers that were toying with the hem of his sweater, guilty etched on his face. Adoration painted a gentle smile on Louis' face as he stood up, taking silent steps towards his angel. Yeah, Harry was an angel.

"It's ok" whispered Louis. "You have nothing to be sorry for my love" he placed his hand on Harry's shoulder, giving a little squeeze. Harry looked up at him, blue eyes meeting green, the perfect combination of Mother Nature. Green and Blue, Sky and Earth, they always belonged to each other.

"When I was little" mumbled Harry, his voice so timid and low. "My sister used to sing me to sleep while playing her piano"

Oh.

"You have a sister?" Asked Louis. A sad smile appeared in Harry's eyes, his lips staying still.

"She left us, sixteen years ago, because of leukemia"

The way Harry told left without saying died, he had such an innocent heart. Louis remained silent, letting Harry to free his mind from whatever emotion trapped in there. He always gave Harry space, time. The boy needed that a lot.

"Her name was Gemma. She was only eight years old when she... had to leave this world, and I was four. I can't remember much about her though. But I still remember her voice, singing songs to me ever night, she was so talented even she was very small"

"I bet she was a wonderful little girl. And she'd be looking down at you now, proud of her little baby brother" Louis whispered quietly, rubbing circles on Harry's shoulder.

"Yeah, she was. And I'm not much worried about her too. I'm certain she in heaven now, playing a harmony and singing with angels" Harry sniffled a little, rubbing his redden nose with sweater paw, a small smile blooming on his face as he imagined his sister as an angel.

But there was something Harry didn't know. He was not the only one who had a dead sister. 'No Louis, you've already forgotten it. You can't bring it up now!' A cold voice whispered in Louis' head.

A war was going in Louis' mind, his history starting to lift head as Harry revealed his own story, and it drove him crazy. Louis didn't know if he should give in just like Harry for a moment and let others help him. He wanted to tell his story to someone. He was tired of locking in everything in his own mind. But his whole past was too dark, and he is so scared of darkness. He wanted to escape from it. He didn't want to believe that walking through that darkness would be a better choice. As long as he forgot all of those and stayed away from those dark days, he is okay. At least he thought so.

But is he really okay?

He actually needed to follow his own advices.

Louis didn't realize that he had walked towards the window that was blurred with delicate white frost. Tears were prickling in his blue eyes, and he was in a battle to hold them back. Why can't he just- forget everything?

He felt a firm pressure around his waist and he found two strong arms wrapped around his middle. Harry hooked his chin on Louis' shoulder, rocking them back and forth, as they both stared at the falling snow outside.

"Everything ok?" Harry's low and deep voice questioned, his hot breath tickling Louis skin. The tea in Louis' hand was cold and his mind was a mess but warmth of Harry's body made him feel safe, in the arms of his love, he is fine.

"Yeah"

And maybe that's how the magic of love worked for Louis and Harry. Even they hadn't confessed their love, deep down in somewhere, they both knew they loved each other. The words weren't needed to be spoken because their eyes were always whispering their undying love.