Chapter 1

3rd person's POV
Mattholomule sighed but decided to go along with his plan.

He made his way to Gus' house with thoughts of the plan flooding his mind.

And soon enough, he was on his porch, with his hand in the air, right as he was about to knock on the door though, he froze.

Is this really a good idea? I mean, I can't stand the guy and Augustus can't stand me.

Mattholomule bit his lip nervously as his thoughts kept going.

And while he was busy thinking, he hadn't noticed the door that had swung open.

Gus raised his eyebrow when he saw his rival in front of him, staring off into the distance.

He wasn't sure if this was supposed to be some sort of prank, so he looked around, only to find that it was just the two of them alone.

He looked back, only to see Mattholomule still lost in his thoughts.

He tilted his head before saying. "Mattholomule?"

The brunette boy jumped in fear, as he was brought back to reality.

"Augustus, what are you doing here?!"

"Um... I should be asking you that, since this is my house and all..."

Mattholomule looked confused, until he remembered why he was there, as his face turned red in embarrassment.

"Oh, yeah, you're right..."

It went silent again as Mattholomule tried to figure out what to say.

Gus waited patiently, but as more time passed, he sighed and said.

"Did you come here for a reason? Or?"

"Oh, right!"

"Um... So I know what I'm about to ask might sound like some crazy idea but..."

Gus raised an eyebrow as Mattholomule turned red.

"Go on."

"What if we pretended to date?" He rushed out and closed his eyes out of fear for his answer.

It went quiet as Gus processed what he had just heard.

This isn't like Mattholomule, he'd never ask me to do that, maybe I heard him wrong.

"What?" Gus finally said.

Mattholomule slowly opened his eyes before turning red again when he realized Gus was staring at him.

"Jeez, dude, don't make me say it again..."

"So, I-I heard you right the first time?"

Mattholomule slowly nodded as he avoided eye contact.

The air filled with silence as Gus tried to figure out why Mattholomule would ever suggest this.

"Why?" Gus asked.

"B-Because I need someone to fake date and you're the only person I trust with this."

"But you hate me, so that doesn't make sense."

"Yeah, well-"

"And plus, I think you could find someone else to pretend to date."

Mattholomule didn't notice that Gus was being genuine, he thought Gus was mocking him, so he sighed.

"Never mind, I can see that you find this stupid anyways." Mattholomule said before trying to walk away.

Gus quickly grabbed his hand which made him freeze.

"I never said that!"

To be continued...