Little Old Lady With A Blaster

Nor Nel

The owner of the blaster shot came into view and the boys immediately calmed down, slightly.

The small, old lady walked up to us as she put her blaster in its holster on her hip. The shiny, black dress she wore showed that she had money and power, it went well with her silky silver hair. Her bold forest eyes scanned me and the boys before they softened at the sight of Omega.

"Nidi Idelizilzi. I see you are still running these parts well." I comment to the crazy woman. 

Nidi smirked when the boys looked to me as if I grew another head. 

"Well, someone has to keep things tidy around here. It looked like my workers were slacking, found that small boy right there was being robbed right beside my Caf. Not ideal. So I took care of it." She shrugged and picked up her cat named Izpari. The gray and pale orange cat perched up on the womans shoulder, looking up at us. Nidi stood at about 4 foot nothin, but don't let that fool you, she's the kinda woman that would shoot a man for the heck of it. 

"But I doubt you came here, with such fine company, to discuss my gang like habits. Follow me." I turned to look at the boys and smirked.

"Yall hear that, she thinks you lot are fine." I chuckle. Their discomfort was clear as day on their faces and I suddenly loved the idea of coming here with them. Nidi made them uncomfortable for some reason.

I walked beside Nidi as the boys flanked us, Omega at the center of all of us. I reached for Izpari and held her gently. Rrivizvir would be so mad if he found holding a cat, of all creatures.

When we made it to the Caf, it looked like your average building around these parts. Old, faded paint, blaster holes decorating it along with the casual bystander. The fog created an atmosphere of gangs and riots. The kind of place that Nidi thrived in.

She led us to the back where she could talk to us more freely and sat down at her desk, Izpari jumped out of my arms and onto the desk.

"Dune Arthur. You know where he is?" I cut to the chase. Nidi is a busy woman, with her Caf and low key gang she has, she has no time for chitchat.

"Dune Arthur huh? Thought you already took care of that dirtbag? I'd go after him myself if I could trust my people to keep these streets organized, but sadly I'll just have to rely on you." She flashed her signature smirk.

"How touching." Sniper Boi was the first of the boys to say anything.

"Shut up Sniper Boi, she was speaking." If looks could kill, I would have been beyond the lands of the dead. His dark eyes stared straight into my soul as I looked back at the old lady.

"Last I heard, he had a base located on Rteei Rik. But that was just a cover. Rumor has it that he is now located in the Deppii i Lateri. For those who do not know what that is, the Valley of Nightmares is a nebula swarmed with creatures better left unsaid. No one has ever returned from entering that cursed place and no one should strive to go there," she paused, looking me over," but I can see that you no longer care. Do you Nor Nel?"

Deppii i Lateri? That nebula was just superstition, a story told to children who wandered to far from home. There was no way that place actually existed, and if it did, the creatures rumored to live there could NOT exist. It wasn't logical. If Dune Arthur was hiding in a nebula though, it would be impossible to track him without getting lost.

"Ki pa i toeln uer." I groaned. Nidi nodded in understanding.

"However," the old woman stood up from her seat," I may know someone who could help you navigate your way to Dune. It is just a matter of acquiring him."