21

ISOBEL

THE door to the classroom opened, revealing Damon Salvatore

THE door to the classroom opened, revealing Damon Salvatore. "Sorry I'm late, my dog ate my, uh..." Damon stopped when he saw their faces. "What's with all the furrowed brows?"

"I saw Isobel last night," Alaric stated.

Damon looked confused at a that, asking, "Isobel's here? In town?" Alaric nodded and Damon looked over at the twins before walking over to the windows, asking, "Did you ask about Uncle John?" He looked at the teacher. "Are they working together?"

Alaric shook his head and said, "No."

"No, Their not?"

"No, I didn't ask."

"What about the invention?" Damon questioned.

"Didn't ask."

"Does she know about the tomb vampires?"

"I don't know."

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon asked, now standing in front of Alaric.

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask questions," Alaric snapped.

" What did she want?" Damon asked.

Elena sighed. "She wants to see me and Elizabeth, Damon."

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting," Stefan explained, crossing his arms. "We don't know why or what she wants."

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to," Damon said, looking at the twins. His eyes mostly on Elizabeth. "Why Elizabeth she not Isobel's daughter?"

"We don't have a choice," Elizabeth stated, "She threatened to go on a killing spree. And she wants to see me because she knows I'm Cassidy daughter, and the last witch of my kind."

"Oh," Damon said. "I take it that's not okay with you guys."

"Lena and I talked about it," Elizabeth started, "We wanna do it. We want to meet her. If we don't we know we'll regret it."

Elena nodded and stated, "This might be our one chance."

LATER that night, Elizabeth and Elena sat in the grill, waiting for Isobel. The waitress walked over and placed the twins drink down in front of them.

"Can you hear me?" Elena asked, looking over at Stefan, who stood over by the pool tables. He nodded and Elena said, "Thanks for coming."

Suddenly, a women appeared in front of them, and Elizabeth and Elena knew by the picture Trudie had given them, that this was Isobel.

Isobel took of her coat and placed it on her back of her chair before sitting down. The twins hands linked under the table as Isobel smiled at them and said, "Hello, Elena." She looked at Elizabeth. "Hello, Elizabeth." She then stared at Elena. "You look just like her. It's eerie." She looked at Elizabeth, shaking her head, "You look like your mother,"