Rat

Three weeks had gone by since I had been emancipated, and I was loving it

Three weeks had gone by since I had been emancipated, and I was loving it. I had been working at TM, five days a week from four to close, and on the weekends Jax would take me out driving, when he wasn't busy with the club. Even when he was busy, he still made time to pop into the office every day, and see me. With only three more weeks of school left, Jess was still driving me back and forth since I didn't have a car of my own yet, but I definitely planned to save up for one, once I bought myself a phone. I had been studying the driver's Ed handbook everyday too, so I could get my license, for when the time comes for me to actually buy my car.

I told mama where I worked, and she didn't like it, but she didn't try to stop me, since she asked for this. Eli hadn't spoken to me since our last argument, so I didn't know if he knew where I was working, nor did I care. I was just so glad to finally have him off my back, and out of my business, that I didn't care if we never spoke again. Anyway, it was 4:44pm on a Friday afternoon, and I was currently at work, studying the drivers handbook during my downtime, when the office phone started to ring, causing me to jump.

"Teller-Morrow automotive repair." I softly said, picking up on the first ring. It was a woman calling about her car that stalled on her, while she made her way home from work, and asking if I could send a tow truck out to her. She then told me the make, and model of her car.

"Yeah no problem. Can you tell me where you're located?" I asked, and she told me a location that I put into the computer, so I could tell her how long they would be.

"Okay. Looks like you're only about ten minutes away. I'll have one of my mechanics head that way right now, ma'am." I confirmed, and the woman thanked me before we hung up.

Grabbing the tow truck keys out of one of the desk drawers, I got up and shuffled over to the office window that lead to the garage, where there were only a few mechanics working. I knocked on the window, getting the attention of Eddy, or half sack as he liked to be called, for what ever reason, just as he finished airing up a tire, and waved for him to come to me. He nodded, carefully setting the tire down, and starting in my direction.

He only got halfway, when I opened the door, and poked my head out into the garage, tossing him the keys.

"Just got a call from a woman needing a tow. Black Toyota Camry just stalled out on her. Said she's at the corner of 21st and broadview. Sounded like a white woman to me." I gave him the description, and he nodded.

"I'm on it, doll face." He said, before turning and trotting over to the TM pickup truck.

"Anything else need to be done, doll face?" Opie asked in a mocking tone, as he wiped his grimy hands on an old rag. He was always giving me shit whenever he noticed anyone other than Jax being sweet on me. I guess he was sorta like a big brother in that way, and I think he saw me as a little sister in a way too. And like a true little sister would, I shot him a sneering smirk, and gave him the middle finger, before stepping back into the office, at the same time that Gemma came through the front door, with a big orange envelope in her hand.