Prologue: A child so young yet so mature

So this is a Grey's anatomy fanfic. I have changed some stuff. But they will be obvious. So yeah if you have any feedback say it. And I hope you enjoy this story.

If one says that Ellis grey took good care of her daughter, they would be wrong. You can't say child abuse or neglect. I think the right description is taking poorly care of your kid. Cause Meredith got food, a place to live, she went to a private kindergarten for God's sake. A mother is what she got, but a mom is what Ellis forgot to be.

Meredith was an accident. The result of a one-night stand nobody needed to know about. Thatcher Meredith's father left when he saw the text on his wife's phone.

Captain m: Ellis, you got a kid from our one-night stand. I want to meet the kid!

It's not like he left immediately after he saw the text. Meredith was 5 so if Meredith was the accident then Ellis cheated. He couldn't think of any scenario where Ellis didn't cheat. When he left he wanted to take Meredith with him, but Ellis demanded that HER CHILD stays with her. Those were the exact words of Ellis. Thatcher didn't discuss it. One he was too much of a coward to let a custody trial on the lose and two Meredith wasn't even his biological daughter.

After Thatcher left Ellis called Captain Montgomery. Captain Montgomery agreed that Ellis comes to live with him and his daughter Addison. So that means that Ellis took Meredith from Seattle to California. A 16-hour car ride if you went in your car. They didn't go in their car. I don't think you want to sit alone in a car for 16 hours with a 5-year-old. So they went by plane.