I wish I could take you with me // Carol

"How long am I going to have to miss you?" You ask with a chuckle, trying to hide the sadness of knowing that you will not see her for a long time. "I'll try to be back before you're old and crippled." Carol answers with her sarcastic tone and little smirk.

" Carol answers with her sarcastic tone and little smirk

 "It'll be really boring without you... I'm really gonna miss you." You say with a soft smile and quickly look down, fiddling with the rings on your fingers. Carol takes your hands and holds them in hers, knowing that when you get sad or anxious you will start fiddling with your rings. "I'll miss you too." She says softly squeezing your hands. "Promise me that you will try to contact me as much as you can." You say looking up at her and gazing into her beautiful brown eyes. "I promise." She says smiling. "Do you want to stay with me tonight? You know, like we used to do. Just watch some movies and cuddle." You say. "You mean that you will fall asleep while I'm cuddling you and I won't be able to get up, which means I'm sleeping in your bed?" Carol says with a chuckle. "Yeah." You reply laughing as well. "Ofcourse. I would love to." Carol replies smiling at you. 

~The next day~

"Do you really have to go?" You ask with a couple of tears rolling down your cheeks

"Do you really have to go?" You ask with a couple of tears rolling down your cheeks. "Yes.... I wish I could take you with me, but fury needs you here on earth. The team needs you." Carol says, feeling your tears drop on her shoulder. "But what if I need you." You say softly. "You'll be fine without me. You're the strongest woman I know, besides me." Carol says with a chuckle, which makes you laugh as well. "Promise me that you'll be carefull?" You ask. "I promise." Carol says pulling back from the hug. "I really have to go now." Carol says looking at you before leaving you for a long time. 

Carol flies up into the dark night sky, lighting up the area around her. "I love you!" You yell as she continues to go up.

As Carol is flying higher she hears you yell that you love her

As Carol is flying higher she hears you yell that you love her. "I love you too (y/n)." She says softly to herself, while taking one last look at the girl who she has been in love with for years. The idea of being without you for so long making her sad. Being without your smile, which she could look at forever. Not hearing your voice for a while. Not being able to hold you or cuddle you until you fall asleep at night. Not feeling the kiss you would press on her cheek from time to time.  Maybe even the saddest part is that Carol is so madly in love with you, but she has always been to afraid to tell you. Not knowing that you love her more than anything as well... 

I hope you guys liked this first imagine! <3