Chapter Eleven

....................................

Nodding, Matthew shifted his body, placing his arms beneath her bottom to lift her; she weighed almost nothing; he mused, thinking he could comfortably hold her on one arm.

"Hi," she said shyly, timidly moving her hand across his jaw.

"Hi," he breathed, watching her beneath his hooded eyelids, giving himself up to her touch. Her hand felt good on his skin; she parted lips an inch from his mouth, her hair around her face. She looked like an exotic being with her lips painted red, the same colour as her robe.

"You're more beautiful than I remember," Matthew mumbled, nestling his face under her neck and then nibbling the long curve of it with his lips. Imani let out a nervous laugh, gently holding his head in position as he continued to nibble, gently nipping with his teeth at that spot where the neck met her shoulder. She moaned, shoving her hands in his hair; she had never felt this much heat before, this aroused, and it was just his lips.

She wondered what would happen if he decided to do more than kiss her—probably go up in flames, she thought, arching her head back to give him more manoeuvring space to kiss her neck, but Matthew was already moving towards the couch. He sat down with her on his lap and then laid his head on one side of her face, breathing softly and then rubbing his nose against her before crushing his lips down on hers, growling gruffly as if he was in pain.

Desired slammed through his entire body; his blood sang loud in his ear as he felt her hands slid up his chest and then go around his neck. He wanted her more than he could ever articulate, kissing her deeply, roughly and then with a gentleness that he never knew he possessed. Her soft whimper drove him insane; her fingers skimming his nape felt heavenly.

She was driving him crazy, and somehow, he didn't want to stop the madness because he was afraid he might never have such a chance again.

His hands moved to her robe, pulling it open to cup her breast, his finger circling her nipple; she inhaled sharply, and Matthew drew her head to his lips, kissing her gently, running his mouth down her chin, her neck until his mouth closed over the other nipple. She moaned loudly, and Matthew swore as he remembered he'd told Pete to stand guard on the door.

Oh, I would never get enough of this, he thought, as he licked her nipple while flickering the other.

"God, Matt," she hissed, grunting as if she'd lost her voice. Only a few people called him Matt, but none of them ever elicited the feeling he felt when Imani used the diminutive of his name.

It felt alien yet familiar, intimate and sensual.

"Lady in red, did you wear this for me?" he asked in a brusque voice laying her on the couch, his leg between hers. Imani froze, snapping her eyes on him as she felt him—thick and hard. As new as the experience was, Imani loved it, having him on top of her, his body touching hers, the evidence of desire pointing at her center as if it had a life of its own. She loved it all.

"Did you?" Matthew repeated the question, skimming his hands across her thigh until he was inches away from touching her panties. "Hmm, did you wear this for me?" he touched the sexy robe, playfully kissing her chin before taking the nipple in his mouth again. He licked it, slurping as if it was sweet.

Imani groaned, unable to formulate any words, but she did nod. "

"You are delectable. Can I describe to you how you taste?"

There was no way Imani could find her voice. It was gone along with her sanity; how else would she explain the fact that she was sprawled on a leather couch with a man on top of her and not just any man, Matthew Ocean. The darling of tech, one of the world's eligible bachelor's, a billionaire, a man who reads financial markets the same way she reads historical romance novels.