War

"Promote Consort Xi to Empress? Your Majesty, this is outrageous!" a court official said.

"You cannot change my mind, leave." the Emperor said as he waved his hands.

The court officials exited the room while General Wang walked up to the Emperor and said: "They will understand you in the future, you're doing this for them."

The Emperor nodded his head and said: "Did you do what I asked you to do?"

General Wang nodded his head and said: "I suggest you do it at a later time, it is rather quiet right now. Isn't it better to do it when things are active?"

"So, when are they gonna be active?"

"3 months from now, that's when things are most active."

The Emperor looked at General Wang and said: "That long/"

"Your Majesty, that is when the whole Empire hosts the Emperor's birthday. I suggest to execute the plan then."

The Emperor nodded his head and said: "Don't let her find out or else everything we done will be in vain."

General Wang nodded his head and exited the courtroom.

"The gods are really on side." the Emperor said as he held his hands together.

In the Peony Palace, Lan'er was so excited that she accidently tripped over a rock.

"Are you okay?" Chen Xi asked as she helped Lan'er up.

"Forget about me, did you hear?" Lan'er asked as she smiled.

"Hear what?" Chen Xi asked.

"The Emperor he promoted you to Empress."

"That fast?" Chen Xi said with a concerned face.

Lan'er nodded her head and said: "Our plan is working!"

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"Why would the court officials allow me to become Empress?"

'What do you mean, you're pretty and smart that's why." Lan'er said.

"No if I remember correctly, Concubine Hua's father is a minister. There is no way, he would rather let his daughter sit on the Empress seat than some random lady who married here." Chen Xi said deep in thought.

"Unless..." Lan'er said.

"Unless they are planning something." Chen Xi cutted in.

"Then what should we do?" Lan'er asked.

"We'll follow their plan." Chen Xi said as she smirked.

"Get me paper, I'll write a letter." Chen Xi said as she started to walk inside.

After Chen Xi finished writing her letter, she whistled and Momo came flying down landing on her shoulders.

"Here, give this to Second Brother." Chen Xi said as she tied the letter to Momo's foot.

Momo nodded her head and flew away.

"What did you write?" Lan'er asked.

Chen Xi looked at Momo flying away in the distance and said: "War."