10 : Moving In

I see TK pull up into the parking lot of the firehouse. I have his coffee ready. The moment he steps out of his car, I run up to him with his coffee.

"Hey." He says, taking the coffee.

"Hey." I reply.

"What's this?"

"Coffee."

"Why?"

"So you'll play nice."

He groans. "Ughh. I forgot."

"That's why I reminded you."

"Is he here?"

"He just came in. He's changing."

"Hm." TK takes a sip of coffee. "Let's hope I don't punch him." he mutters under his breath as I pull him into the station.

We walk in, and Blake walks up to us. His face isn't that bad. The bruise on his cheek is not as bad as it was when I saw him yesterday, and his lip is healing as it should.

"Morning Cap." Blake greets TK.

TK just glares at him. If looks could kill, Blake would be six feet under by now. I elbow TK in the stomach, which jolts him.

"Wilson." TK says coldly before walking away.

Blake turns to watch him walk away before turning back to me.

"Okay then."

I sigh. "Sorry." I say to him, shaking my head.

"He'll come around." Blake says.

"Have you met him?" I ask.

"Trust me, he will, eventually."

I hold his face in my hands. "How are you so optimistic?" I ask, leaning in to peck him on the lips.

"You make me happy." He says.

I open my mouth to say something, but I'm interrupted.

"And you two make us sick." Trav's voice says.

Blake and I pull away. He turns around to stand next to me. The entire firehouse is standing there. I didn't notice them standing there.

"Hey guys." Blake says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wilson, get to work." Cap says to him.

"Yes Cap." Blake says before kissing me on the cheek. From the corner of my eye, I see him wink before running away to the ambulance.

I fight to keep myself from smiling.

"Firefighter Strand, I need to speak with you in my office." Captain Wells says to me, and I nod. "Rest of you, back to what you were doing."

Everyone disperses and I follow Cap to his office.

"What's up Cap?" I ask, closing the door behind me.

"I'm going to say it straight up." Cap says. I nod. "I'm happy for you. I really am. Blake is amazing, and you two are perfect for each other. But, make sure that your feelings for him don't cloud your judgment on the field." I nod.

"That it Cap?"

"Be careful, please."

"Don't worry Cap. Nothing will happen because of us."

"I'm holding you to that."

I nod.

I'm holding myself to that.

****

"I want you to move in."

I nearly choke on my food. Blake and I are currently in his dining room, having dinner. I cough, but pull myself together. I take a sip of my champagne.