Happy Dick Day!

After a month of filming the role of a lifetime he had really only been nervous that first day before he had actually shot any scenes. 

That is, until now.

The nude scene had been a nagging thought in the back of his mind since he accepted the role but he had always just told himself that he would handle it when the time came to actually film it.

And that time was now.

He stood on set with a small white towel wrapped around his waist — the only thing covering his body. There was a quiet chatter among the film crew as they prepared and set up the shot. The director did go out of his way to make sure that only the people who needed to be on set were there. Sure, it was still a lot of people to see him completely naked. But at least it was that bare minimum that could've been there.

Shawn stood off to the side by himself, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he tried to focus on deep breathing in a slow and steady rhythm. His calming ritual was interrupted by the voice of the movie's director. 

"How ya feeling, kid?"

"Nervous," Shawn replied honestly. "I've never done anything like this before."

"Not many people have," the director chuckled. "It'll be less weird after a couple minutes. And I promise we'll try to get this scene done in as few takes as possible."

"I appreciate it." The two nodded at each other before the director walked away to finish making sure the shot was set up perfectly. 

The seconds leading up to the moment the director called out 'action' to the few seconds after Shawn dropped the towel was quite possibly the biggest adrenaline rush of his entire life. 

The scene was simple. He didn't even have any spoken lines. He simply had to stand in the gym shower with his back to the camera before turning around silently at the last second. He did as directed and after three takes the director was confident that one of the takes would work perfectly. And with that, he put his towel back on and left to get ready for his next scene — a fully clothed one.

--

Camila was sitting on one of the barstools at the kitchen counter working on a project for Gigi when she heard the door to their apartment unlock and then open. Her eyes immediately looked towards the door, watching her best friend closely was he walked in.

"Hey," he greeted quietly as he stepped inside.

"Hi."

"You have a good day?"

"I did," she replied. It was sweet that he asked but she was much more interested in his answer. "Did...you have a good day?"

"Yeah. It was good," he replied casually. She watched him with a smirk on her face was he moved towards the fridge and grabbed a water. He froze when he saw what sat in the fridge next to the water. "Camila...what is that?" 

"I got you a present."

Shawn pulled the store-bought cake from the fridge and stared down at the words written across it in red icing. 

Happy Dick Day!

"You're the fucking worst," he snorted out a laugh with a shake of his head as he set the cake down onto the counter.

"What? I got you cake! That's like...the exact opposite of being the worst."

"I mean I like cake but why does it say that!"

"You didn't think I was going to just not celebrate your greatest achievement yet, did you?"

"How did you even know it was today?" he asked.

"You told me last night, drunkie," she giggled. "Your exact words were 'tomorrow is dick day'." Shawn groaned and ran his hands over his face.

"I need to stop drinking."

"You're a cute drunk."

"I'm cute always. Period."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Camila chuckled. He was right, though. He was cute always — she just wasn't going to admit that to him. She leaned across the counter and swiped her finger along the side of the cake — collecting some of the icing on her finger before giving it a taste. "That's some bomb ass frosting. I'm honestly the best for getting that for you." Shawn looked down at the cake again and chuckled.

"Wait...did you have to tell the person at the store to write that on it?"

"...Yes." They both burst into laughter. "She gave me a weird look. I told her it was for my uncle Richard — who we call 'Dick' — to celebrate his birthday."

"Did she really buy that?"

"I don't think so but she made the cake anyway so I don't think it matters." 

Shawn grabbed a plastic fork and dug right into the middle of the cake to retrieve a bite. He grumbled out an approval as he chewed. 

"Alright...this is pretty damn good." He took another bite, this one larger than the last.

"Hey! Try to leave at least a little bit for me..."

"Oh, you wanted some?" He gave her a look that she couldn't quite read but then it started to morph into a mischievous smirk and she became suspicious. Shawn grabbed a forkful of cake and flung it directly at Camila's face before she even had a chance to dodge it. It hit her square in the cheek, frosting splattering over her nose, mouth, and forehead. She flinched and gasped in shock before slowly looking at him again and deciding that the only proper course of action at this point would be revenge. She reached forward and grabbed a huge handful of cake and threw it directly at him. Shawn burst into a fit of laughter as the vanilla cake covered his face and shirt and arms.

"You can challenge me to a cake fight if you want but you can bet your ass I'm gonna be the one who wins," the tiny brunette stated in her most intimidating voice as she planted her clean hand on her hip.

"Aw. That's cute." He flashed her a condescending pout that just fired her up even more. Camila grabbed the fork that he had used to fling the cake at her and started poking at the cake in front of her.

"Come here," she demanded.

"Oh no. I'm not an idiot."

"So you're all talk then? Big tall tough guy is suddenly scared of the tiny innocent girl?"

She had a point. He couldn't back down now. He gave a relenting sigh before moving to the other side of the counter where she sat at her barstool.

They stared each other down, both still covered in cake. She slowly lifted the forkful of cake she had carefully chosen just for him to his mouth. He looked down and tried to hold in his laughter when he saw that she has somehow managed to get the entirety of the word 'dick' on her fork. She looked him dead in the eye with the fork up to his mouth, confidently standing her ground as she said the next words.

"Eat a dick."

Shawn immediately erupted in laughter, composing himself just enough to lean forward and steal the bite from the fork.

They both sat in the kitchen of the little apartment — covered in cake — laughing and eating some of said cake. They must've spent nearly half of an hour like that before the frosting that was starting to dry on Camila's face became uncomfortable.

"Ugh. I should probably take a shower. If I leave this frosting on my face for much longer I'm gonna breakout."

"You literally only have a forkful of cake on you! You threw an entire fistful at me! How come you get to shower before me?"

"Ladies first!"

"It's so hard to be a gentleman sometimes," he sighed. Camila snorted and rolled her eyes. 

"I'll be quick!" 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Shawn stabbed his fork into the cake again and took another bite.