the sensei's niece,

the sun was yet to shine above the horizon but a certain h/c haired girl was up even before the moon chose to disappear once more. 4 am in the morning was a time that waking up was relatively difficult and y/n was a current victim of it. her mind was telling her to get up from her bed, though her body said otherwise.

still quite heavy, her eyes slowly opened. she mustered everything she could do to walk without finding herself on the floor towards the bathroom next to her room. she stared at the mirror as she brush her teeth clean.

two weeks had passed by since she came here and she finally started getting comfortable living with her aunt and uncle. though it was a different way of living compared to her life in the philippines, she got used to the everyday life here in japan rather, easily.

when the h/c haired girl was only starting to get to know her two new guardians more, she would always accompany her aunt to her little visits to the convenience stores and malls. rosanna would always buy her things she didn't even need, though Y/n would still express her gratitude towards the elder in ways she could think of. she really enjoyed hanging out with rosanna, and to say that they have a great bond was no false.

on the other hand, the start of her relationship with her uncle shimori was not doing as well as her aunt's. they barely talked, the cause being not able to conversate with each other normally. shimori only knew how to speak in his native language that Y/n unfortunately does not speak.

it was what they call a language barrier and that was y/n's second reason why she wanted to learn japanese, the first reason being her top goal was to be able to make friends during her stay here in miyagi. she can't make friends when she can't talk to people.

and now after learning the basics in a short amount of time with the help of her aunt, she learned the language itself all through the way to the expressions. 'tita rosanna was such a great teacher, no wonder that she really is one!'

but, if she's going to be honest, she finds the pronunciations of every word rather difficult to talk with. she hasn't mastered it all though, she only knows how to greet and hold a small conversation with someone using the language, after all, she only started learning for a week or so, and Japanese is a very hard language to learn.

"n/n! let's get going," she heard her aunt's voice calling for her. After knowing that her niece was learning Japanese, Rosanna started to talk using the said language whenever she was with y/n, helping her to be familiar with it.

"opo, pababa na po," y/n was wearing her neatly ironed uniform as she went down the stairs, her f/c backpack slung on both her shoulders. the sight almost brought tears to rosanna's eyes as she started to feel like a proud mother witnessing her daughter's first day of school, nothing too far from the truth.

"tita?" the girl had noticed her aunt's sudden change of emotion, worry overcoming her system.

"it's nothing, come on now!"

-

y/n was speechless as she caught a glimpse of the place, her mind could only do a thing. i.. ito yung school? was this really the right place? her e/c eyes widen. 'dito ba talaga nagtuturo si tita?' her sight caught a large field making her amazed. she really thought she already saw everything when in reality, they were just past the gates.

behind the wheel was rosanna, who did not hide her laugh when she saw the younger girl's face, "welcome to shiratorizawa, my dear niece!" she spoke in english, merrily.

y/n could only wonder how rosanna got a job to teach here and how the hell did the elder manage to pull strings for her to be enrolled at a prestigious-looking school such as this one. surely, being a teacher here has its incentives.