Luna

Luna Lovegood had no one to look for.

The war had finished and she looked for no one. She saw Ginny and Harry kissing, Ron and Hermione awkwardly hugging, and Draco Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy awkwardly standing in a corner, as if someone would send them to Azkaban.

She wanted to look for her daddy. She wanted him to hold her in his arms and talk to her about Nargles. But he was gone. Gone. Taken by the Death Eaters and tortured to death. Luna was terrified when she heard the news, but she knew that her daddy would want her to be brave. To push through and have the courage to move on with her life.

"Congratulations Luna!" Neville cried out, surrounded by a bunch of adoring 5th years.

"Thanks, Neville, you did amazing as too!" She smiled through tears as if everything would be alright.

Would it be alright?

For years she was called Loony by her classmates like she never belonged. The only time anyone would push past that title was in D.A lessons. If she could disarm Ron Weasley, she had the right to belong. Did she want to belong?

***********************

Luna Lovegood pushed her way through the crowded platform of 9 and 3/4. It was her 7th year, and this year Hogwarts was doing the 8th year for the 7th year who missed it because of the Second Wizarding War. She was excited to go back to school, to hang out with her friends.

"Hey, Luna. How's it going." A familiar tallboy with raven hair and right green eyes was staring at her when she turned around.

"Oh hello, Harry. I was just looking around for my Spectrespecs. Have you seen them?" Luna shifted her feet so that her position with all of her stuff was more comfortable. "

"No, I haven't seen them. D'you want me to help you with your bags?" He asked, more comfortable and relaxed than Luna had ever seen him.

"Sure," He helped haul her heavy bags into the compartment. "Do you and Ginny want to join me in this compartment? There aren't any people in here yet." She asked more wanting company than caring about how many people were in there.

"Ok. Can Ron and Hermione join us too? They tried to date over the summer, failed miserably and now they argue all the time. I love them, but it is so annoying. So if they rip each other's heads off, don't be surprised." He asked sarcastically.

"Yes. Ronald and Hermione can definitely join. I might ask Neville too." She smiled, happy to be back in other people's company. Harry turned away to help a girl with brown curls, and two redheads. She tucked her wand behind her ear and sat down in the compartment. Finally. This year will be normal. No Voldemort, no dementors, no nothing. She sighed in content and started reading The Quibbler. A boy with broad shoulders and dark skin entered the compartment.

"Is this one taken? All the other ones are full." He asked looking at her eyes. Luna blushed, then got confused. Why was she blushing? This boy was just asking if he could sit there.

"Of course you may sit." She responded, and being Luna Lovegood, let him sit down.

"Is it okay if three of my friends join us? They won't take up much room." He asked breaking eye contact to sit down.

"Sure! The more the merrier right? What is your name, by the way?"

"I'm Blaise. Blaise Zabini."