one

chapter one: i thought you weren't into high school guys?

episode one: pilot

"I THOUGHT WE AGREED TO trash that video?"

Chloe turns her head to face Emma as she brings up the topic that has been on everyone's mind all morning. The previous night, a video of Audrey, a girl who attends their school, and another girl went viral. A video of them making out.

Before anyone has a chance to speak, Chloe voices her thoughts. "Okay, I get it totally sucked the way it happened, but she was bound to come out one day. Look at her." She shrugs.

"What's the big deal if she is a lesbian?" Jake asks, now joining in on the conversation.

Emma scoffs at her friend before trying to explain the situation to him. "The big deal is it wasn't her decision to tell the world."

"I agree." Brooke vocalizes. "This is something that someone should voice themselves when they feel like it's the right time."

Jake looks down at the table in front of him, thinking about Brooke's words as Emma quickly catches the guilty look on his face. "Jake?"

"I wasn't the only one on that group thread, and I did delete that video..." He tries to defend himself but slips up. "After I sent it to P.J, girl-on-girl is his demographic."

Chloe slaps his shoulder. "You are literally disgusting."

Emma gives him a disapproving look, then moves on to Riley, noticing she's been silent the whole time. "Riley?"

"Sorry, Zoe saw it on my phone." She says.

Emma sighs, clearly starting to get frustrated. "Do guys even understand the term viral?"

"I don't see Nina anywhere." Riley says while gesturing around to everyone near us.

"You know she did the wide release." Will adds.