Chapter 1

Light.
So much light.
So much fucking lig-

"Get up. It's already 10:30 you were supposed to be awake at 9."

Right. I forgot about that.

"Remind me again why I have to go?" Y/n moved her hair out of her face and stared at her mother, Falcon Layhei as she stood in all her glory, wearing a navy blue pantsuit courtesy of her father Luke Layhei. Red bottom heels adorned her figure adding just the right amount of bitchiness to be perceived by the other women at the meeting which was in

"30 minutes. After, we're leaving with or without you you understand?" Holding the curtains open her mother stood at the large window which showcased the busy street below.

"Of course, of course, I'll meet all of you downstairs let me just- let me just get up" Y/n sighed moving the rest of the duvet.

-

I hate flash.
I cant see.

"Mom, I cant see" Y/n blinked her eyes, then eventually having to rub them with the sleeve of her blazer.

slap

"stop it, you're getting it dirty I just had that dry cleaned." Falcon stared down at her daughter, promptly giving her a small shove and turning back to the cameras.

Y/n couldn't take it anymore and at this rate she was better off going blind. Pushing her fathers arm off her shoulder she took another look at her mother before apologizing to the multiple photographers that stood no less than a few feet in front of her and her family.

Taking her leave she opened the glass doors of the all glass building and was hit with the coldness of the lobby. Remaining inside she waiting off to the side for her parents. Falcon turned to her daughter and waved her hand at the people before entering in herself with her father Luke still standing outside and giving the reporter a few details of the new building.

"Y/n. Over here now."

Her footsteps were loud courtesy of the heels as she walked across the smooth concrete floors, her strides big as she seeped with anger.

"How dare you walk out so rudely. You know how important this is to your father and you decided to walk away because of a little bit of light hitting your face."

"I don't understand how that was so rude! Mom, it hurt my eyes the flash was too bright!"

"Maybe if you had gotten a bit more sleep you would've been able to deal with it. Especially after last night" Y/n's face contorted into confusion.

How did she

"I know Y/n. You act as if Tom didn't tell me anything! You took my card with you for what? I have a tracker on the car to know where you're going whenever you go with him. He's your chauffeur not your bestie who could keep secrets and give you rides anywhere you wish even if it's illegal for you to" Falcon's perfectly painted finger pointed repeatedly at her daughter. A small vein on her forehead was becoming more prominent as she spoke.

"Since when did you care about what I do? And I only took your card because you wouldn't give me money like I asked for one time!" Y/n fumbled a bit and slipped the card out, she held it between her two fingers visible enough for her mother to snatch it back.

"I only care because  if they see you coming out of a club at 2am dressed like a slut then it'll reflect bad on us and the company"

Y/n's eyes filled with tears and she stood took a step back. As she was about to speak her father Luke ran up to the two girls and looked at her. "Hey I heard you screaming from outside. H-honey you okay?"

"So you ask her if she's alright when I'm clearly the one who's fucking crying right now?" Luke looked at his daughter with sad eyes before looking back at his wife who stood with a straight lip and her harms crossed.

"Man, fuck you guys"

Y/n ran out the glass door and into the media crowd. They swarmed her with cameras and loud questions about her father and why she was crying. Pushing through the crowd Y/n answers quietly with small "I'm sorry" or "I can't answer that right now".  It wasn't until she was grabbed at the elbow by Tom was when she finally got into the black car. Tom quickly got to the drivers seat and huffed before honking and driving them off, back to her place.

Y/n lived separately from her parents. Well more like a few floors below them. They lived in a building which housed the first part of her fathers business with the second building they were at previously being another connection to the first one.

Headed over there she wiped her eyes before thanking Tom and heading straight for the elevator.

-

bzzzzz

bzzzzz

"Come to the office for me sweetheart"

Y/n pressed end on her phone as she smoothed down her hair.

Putting a sweater on she walked towards the private elevator in her room and went down to the 45th floor.

"Ah sweetie, have a seat for me please?" Her father Luke pointed to the chair across his desk as he stood next to the main elevator.

"I think I'm good thanks, I don't expect to be here for long. What's happening, why did you need me here?" Y/n looked around trying to see if anything changed.

Nothing, just the same dark grey room with small knickknacks and books dad probably haven't touched in a year or two.

"That's fine. I want you to meet someone. Now I know you might not agree with this but, it's best for right now. Some stuff has been happening outside of the company and it's best for you to be watched over."

Just then the elevator doors opened.