NINE

KADEN
day five

 The next day, the sun shined through the curtains and woke me up as it trickled on my skin

The next day, the sun shined through the curtains and woke me up as it trickled on my skin. Once I opened my eyes however, the early sun stung in my eyes and forced me to close them again.

Eventually, my eyes got used to the sunlight and I could finally take hold of my surroundings. My cheek wasn't feeling the soft material of my pillow, but something much warmer. As I breathed in, the familiar scent of warm and salty vanilla engulfed me like a whole blanket, the scent of my mate.

I snuggled in deeper into her chest, until my head was resting in the cleavage of her breasts. I had seemed to forget the fact that she sometimes sleeps basically naked.

I slowly reopened my eyes, and it really was true, my cheek was laying partly on her breast. I lifted my eyes to see if she was awake and could see me, but she was still sleeping soundly.

I hugged her even closer to me with my arms around her waist. My head covered her whole chest as I simply laid there.

Sirens weren't supposed to be big and bulky, they were supposed to be delicate creatures, or at least made to look like it so men would be attracted to them.

It was only natural for her kind to be what we would consider small and petite, but for my kind it would be considered normal to be at least over 1,80 centimeters tall, even a lot of the females were.

But even if she wasn't tall or naturally built bigger, which was considered a beauty standard for our kind, she was perfect to the very fullest.

If you asked me, her small size made her even more attractive. 

With that being cleared, I sighed heavenly as I enjoyed the presence and the touch of my mate. Merely a week ago, I would stay up late at night and stare back at the empty space beside me, and dream of finally waking up next to my mate.

Now there I was, and the dream was finally reality.

Unfortunately, it only lasted so long until someone tried to force their way into my mind. I groaned, already annoyed, but nevertheless let them in since it could be something important.

Of course, it was the complete opposite, it was only my idiot brother who kept bugging me to come down and let him in.

I told him no, more than once, but he just wouldn't budge, and I didn't want to risk him storming in here just because I wouldn't let him in and then wake Serenity up in the process. Not to mention the worst case scenario; he would storm in here and see my mate naked.

So I slowly sat up while making sure to be as careful as possible, just to not wake her up, and grabbed a shirt from the closet before I walked downstairs and got it over with.

As I opened the front doors, the sight of my little brother met me in an instant.

A rather unpleasant sight if you'd ask me