Curse of the Medallion

CHAPTER 1

Fallout

In the beginning, there lived a mighty civilization on the outskirts of the world in their own utopia city living in peace and harmony, but that all changed when the rest of the world deemed them unworthy of living on their planet. Thus, began the extermination of the majestic civilization of Dragon City. It was a nice sunny day; the birds were singing, and twins Kai, a boy with curly brown hair and hazel eyes and Kim Parker, a girl with long curly brown hair played with their friends without a care in the world. Kai went back to the house after spending a couple of hours with his friends and sister and he went into the dojo where his father and older brother Kenny practiced their kendo. "Hurry up Kai, otherwise father will shout at you," whispered Kenny. Kai proceeded to put his attire on and then the brothers had their session with their father, but Jayden detected some jealousy building in his son Kenny as his younger brother was advancing a lot quicker than he was. Jayden invited his youngest son to follow him into the shed as he decided to teach Kai how to build stuff. He told Kai "Learn fast son, soon in a couple of years I would like to see you lead our people". Jayden Parker was the leader of the people of Dragon City as his family happened to be direct descendants of the last King of Avalon City when the island was part of the mainland Jayden Parker. Suddenly, explosives started to go off, gunfire began around the entire city, and Jayden told Kai to go get his sister. Kai and Kim wanted to stay with their parents and older brother Kenny but there was too much gunfire and slaughtering and they ran. After running away from the soldiers everywhere, they ran into one of their friends called Tyson and together eventually found their way onto one of the soldier's ships. They hid with their supplies until they made it back onto their mainland, but before they found a safe spot on the ship, they heard in the distance a low growl coming from behind a basket. Slowly approaching the basket, they peeked behind it and saw Shiva their friend tiger. Shiva is a tiger cub who use to play with Kai and Kim. Kai took one last look back only to see the city engulfed in flames hearing the screams of his people as he looked left and right. The flames reflected in his eyes, an image he would never forget. Suddenly, the doors began to open and as soon as they saw an opening, they ran into the forest that was close to the docks. They ran like escaped convicts running from their prisoners ducking from the branches and jumping over the broken tree twigs. Halfway across the forest, Shiva spotted three soldiers looking for them, so they slowly turned left Bumping into a squadron of soldiers. Just as they were about to shower Kai, Kim, Tyson, and Shiva with bullets; Kai yelled NO! Suddenly, everything froze. It was as though he froze time and was able to move around whilst everyone else was frozen. Whilst everyone was frozen, he saw in the distance a large building with the name KING ENTERPRISES in capital letters and he wished he were over there and in a split second, he was. As confused, as he was, he decided to move Kim, Tyson, and Shiva into the building and away from those soldiers. Just as he brought them, time began to move forward. Tyson, Kim, and Shiva looked puzzled, but soon realized Kai was unconscious next to them and a bunch of adults approaching them in what looked like a conference room. A loud, unsettling sinister voice from behind them suddenly said, "Well, what do we have here"?

CHAPTER 2

Stranger

Kim, Tyson, and Shiva looked behind them and there he was the 6ft 5 tall man that looked like a giant compared to them. He had fair brown hair, which swung from side to side as he was on a chair with wheels. He had a soft yet tanned complexion and a smile, which would send a shiver down one's spine. The rest of the adults backed down a little as soon as he started to walk towards us, which suggested he was the boss. He told us his name was King and that this is his company, which he followed with a suggestion to go wait in the other room as he has business to deal with. Kim and Tyson placed Kai on Shiva's back and left the room slowly as they did not trust that stranger before running out of the whole building, which did not shock King at all, as he had anticipated this. When they first came, the employees offered Kim and Tyson a cup of water, which contained Nano chips, which could be traced wherever they go. Eventually Kai woke up and jumped in the air in panic as he did not know if had succeeded in getting away from the soldiers as he lost consciousness but felt at ease when he saw that they were safe. Kim asked Kai what had happened, and he explained everything to her and Tyson that he could stop time and that he could move to places he could see. The pair laughed and continued to laugh much to Kai's annoyance, and it was the first time they laughed ever since the incident. Both stopped laughing when Kai asked them to explain how it was, they were in the forest one second and in that building the next and then they chose to believe him since Kai has never lied to his sister before as they spent every day together. A few days pass, Kim, Tyson, and Shiva began to feel faint as they do not have any energy left to walk and they do not know where to go. They eventually collapse in front of an old man and ask him for help. Several hours later, Kai wakes up to discover his sister, Tyson, and Shiva all happily eating food without asking whom the old man is and why he helped them. The old man said his name was Joe, who led to Kai calling him Old Man Joe despite Joe repeatedly telling him to stop. Joe explained that a young lad who lives with him asked if he could help them, Kim said what young lad, and just then, he entered the room slowly revealing himself Kenny their older brother whom they thought had perished during the massacre alongside their parents. They were happy to see him and now felt at ease everyone except Shiva and Tyson who never liked Kenny back in Dragon City. They felt something was off with Kenny since they saw him on the island before the massacre talking to one of the soldiers. They kept her distance and was always hostile next to him, which displeased Kim and Kai, but never mind that as they got their big brother back and everything was going to be ok or will it....