Chapter 30

A/N: 
I did a double update so please do check out the previous chapter if you haven't.
_______________________________________

Krist's POV
"Dad, I'm ready." I stood in front of my dad and he looked up at me, dazed.

"Ready? What do you mean by ready?"

"I was thinking that maybe it's time that-"

"No! You guys aren't getting married, Kit! It's only been a few months since the both of you started dating and to hell with it that I would be agreeing to your marriage." Dad snapped at me out of the blue and it was my turn to be stupefied.

"W-what do you mean, dad? P'Sing and I aren't going to get married." I frustratedly groaned while explaining to him and saw the crease between his eyebrows smoothen.

"Really? Then... It's great then." He sighed in relief and leaned back to the couch, mom was still staring at the both of us while chewing on an apple slice.

"I was thinking that it might be time to help you with your company." I muttered and cued my mom choking on her apple.

"Huh?"

"I just thought that it might be time that I took up my responsibility and helped you with your corporation." I explained, picking on the skin of my finger as they're still gawking at me. I had really spent quite some time thinking all of this through. I am serious about P'Singto and I know the outcomes when our relationship is exposed to society. I just wanted to be more independent and when hell breaks loose, at least I'd already proven myself worthy to be with P'Singto. I did a lot of talking with him and he'd agreed after much persuasion, saying that I don't need to prove myself to the crowd and just be me.

But for him, I'm willing to do everything just for him.

"Honey, did I just hear what I supposed myself to be hearing?" Dad asked as he pinched mom on the back of her palm and she instantly smacked his head.

"Ouch! You don't have to pinch me, you know? And yes, we'd heard him right. He-He's gonna take over your company." Mom began chuckling and soon my dad was laughing as well. I was utterly confused by their behaviour.

Did I just make them crazy?

"It came true, honey! Oh my my, I can't believe it really came true." The both of them cuddled each other as dad wiped off the tears forming at the corner of his eyes from laughing too much.

"Freedom!" Mom exclaimed as the both of them began chuckling again.

"Mom? Dad? Should we perhaps visit the hospital?" I chimed in mockingly and they stopped, turning to me with a too oddly bright smile.

"Oh my lovely son, come and sit." Mom gently held my hand and led me to the couch, batting her eyelashes and I frowned at her.

What happened to her?

"Honey, I'll start preparing my luggage, okay?" Dad inquired as he was about to get up, I stopped him.

"Dad, where are you going? We haven't finished our conversation yet."

"I'm just too happy, son. Finally, your mom and I could start our travelling dream. You don't know how hard it is to be the CEO and the chairman of a corporation. But it's alright, I could sense freedom ahead." He grinned cheerfully and mom nodded enthusiastically.

"But you can't just leave me all confused and inexperienced to take over your company." I reminded them and their smile immediately fell.

"He's right, honey." He mumbled and they groaned, slumping back into the couch. After some time, dad cleared his throat and sat up.

"Okay, why don't we begin as you becoming my personal assistant? I would be able to train and lead you."

"Yes, it would be more convenient to coach him." My mom, the COO of the company, agreed to my dad's suggestion.

"Is there anything that I need to learn ahead of time? I would like to be well-prepared before I start working for you."

"Well, you can start researching our company's statistics for these few years. It would be best if you could grasp onto the particulars. Our company mainly is a supplier of raw materials for other industries but we do have side companies in other fields as well. You would be able to refer to the data needed and the clients or partnership we've developed for years or the new ones as well. But all of that could only be started when you work for us. At the moment, you could research books about financial intelligence and comprehend knowledge about raw materials as you would be needing these skills when dealing with potential clients and partners. I believe you're already well advanced in communication and information technology from your past working experience. So, just focus on hard skills in the meantime."

"Your dad is right. We will be giving you some time to come to understand more about the company before you start working with us. So, for now you could choose to either continue with your current job while learning or just resign and concentrate on our company."

"About this matter... I haven't thought about it yet. Can I have some time to think?"

"Of course you can, we also weren't expecting that someday you wanted to inherit our corporation."

"Is it because of Singto?" Mom teasingly questioned and I could only look at her, biting on my lower lip anxiously.

"Is it because the both of you couldn't meet that often if you resign?" Her question made me look down at my feet, feeling the tips of my ears flushed.

"You don't have to, you know? You could visit each other whenever you want since he stayed right beside our house." Dad said but stopped for a moment before continuing, "But no, you can't stay over at his place. Call me narrow-minded or intolerant, I would never allow the both of you to stay in the same place, moreover sleeping on the same bed. God knows what would Singto do to you when the both of you are all alone in the quiet night." Dad snorted in disapproval.

"But he isn't the kind of person you think he is!" I tried to defend for P'Singto, not actually knowing what I am debating about. I'd always known that my dad was a rather closed-minded person. No living together or sex before marriage, I just wasn't expecting that it would be the same when he knew that I'm gay, since I wouldn't get preg-

"I know he's a great kid but my kid looks too stunning and I know Singto is addicted to your looks." Dad reprimanded and I could feel myself heating up in embarrassment from my head to my feet.

"Dad." I whined at him but he only shook his head.

"No can do, son. You couldn't stay at his place after midnight." I huffed in annoyance and went back to my room. Picking up my phone, I texted P'Singto about my parents' perspective and he agreed to them as well.

"I just wasn't sure if I should just resign or keep working for you at the same time. You know how work is at your company. What if I became too busy to even have spare time to learn?" I laid on my stomach and said. P'Singto had called me after getting my text and we've been on it for quite some time.

"I think it's best if you resign, Kit. I don't want you to be too tired." He advocated but my heart tightened at the thought of resigning.

"But I wouldn't be able to see you that often anymore." I whined to him and heard his soft chuckle, "I...I'll miss you, you know? You're always busy and I would be busy too if I began working at my parents' company."

"I'll miss you too, Kit. But you should resign for the best. You would be over-exhausting yourself if you chose not to."

"I know..."

"I love you, Kit."

"Mmhmm."

"No 'I love you too'?"

"Nope."

"No blow kisses?"

"Nope. You wanted me away so that the other secretaries could flirt with you."

"You know that isn't what I meant."

"I know and I love you too, Jinx."

A/N:
So... a cliffhanger. I'll see you guys in at least a week, stay safe❤️