Chapter 2

I am sitting across the park where some Zephyrus members thrashed and vandalized. They have been doing whatever they want ever since Minu left the crew. With their new leader leading them, they felt safe having her and her family's protection. I mean who would feel safe with the connection her family has.

Spotting their leader and men, who will clean up after their mess. If it wasn't for them being in her crew she wouldn't even hesitate to make her crewmates past tense.

Still with that bold black eyeliner that enhances her sly fox eyes. Wearing a Stussy white shirt and jogger pants and a white sneakers. A toned body due to constant cycling together with boxing, she really stood out.

I can't help but to notice her hair, it is still scarlet red. It always has been, ever since she decided to dye her hair just like mine..

I am sitting on my bike in a standing position looking intensely at the clouds. Waiting for someone to show up, saying that she has something to show me.

"hey how do you like my hair?" she said behind me, just arrived.

I quickly turned around to see what she was so eager to show me. She sounded so excited about it that it interested me too. I turned around looking astounded.

Why would she do something like this?

"What don't you like it? she said, touching her hair.

"Why would I like it? look at it" I said. not happy with what she did.

"it looks fine. it looks cool on you so might as well try it on me..
..and it's fine on me" she said looking content with what she did.

"I did not choose my hair color, go dye your hair back to black it looks good on you" I said agitated. While my dad wants me to dye my hair that I didn't choose black, she can dye her hair whatever she wants like it was some sort of costume.

"what if they call you a -"

"freak? That's okay, I don't mind. I'm not trying to please them anyway" she cut me off, still not caring about what she did.

"and besides i chose this one, what makes you think that i would give a fuck about their opinions?" she added giving me no space to talk about it.

I remember being so mad about it for days not because it can make people say nasty things about her but people won't even dare to comment on her hair. It made me realize that money and connection really does do something to people and how they treat you. It was so unfair but what can I do? The only fair thing in this world is that it is unfair to everyone.

After she left, I decided to take a glance at the workers she had called to clean up the mess her crewmates left. I figured that it was late and decided to go home and sleep. I've been cycling the whole day around the city.

[her point of view]

The whole week has been rocky with the crew. They've been messing with the whole city, me cleaning up their mess so that the crew won't have a bad name. Minu, that bastard is this what being a leader of this crew really is?

Walking home with my phone near my ears, calling Tj, once again to ask if he knew about this. I know he'll know about this, he was the brains and the one that urged the members that they can do whatever they want whenever.

"what? I don't know about it? why?" He denied what I said. Even with being caught in the act, with my two eyes he is still denying things, he is really good at denying. if I haven't witnessed him in the act I would for sure believe him that he had nothing to do with this.

"Okay I'll let you know if there is another incident" i said ending the call. They've been playing with me the whole week, now I'll show them how I play.

As I walk side by side with my bike I can't help but notice someone who has been following me. Stopping in my tracks I ask him

"What do you want?" he wasn't fazed by the sudden question, grinning as he strolled towards me.

"You just seemed unhappy with the crew" he said, examining my face.

"Why are you stating the obvious?" I stated as I walked away.

"I figured you might want to have company" he said confidently. Does he want to hang out now? taken aback by what he just said i looked at him, still with the smug face but he won't say that if he didn't mean it right?

"yeah makes sense, where'd you want to go" i said not even thinking about it. We've been like this forever, he will show up like we are still friends and the next day pretend that no such thing happened and he has no Suki as his friend.

We are sitting near the bay. Silence filling up the space, but not the uncomfortable one, instead it feels comforting. The moonlight reflecting on the water, suddenly waves are formed by the rock that Vinny threw. Getting myself a rock too, throwing it in the water and laughing about how it didn't even reached far.

Still haven't spoken a word with him but it feels relaxing. He was someone that could do that to me. Even with all the tough guy mask he has, that mask isn't here with us, it felt like I was with the most authentic side of him. Even with all the walls I have built, it collapses whenever he is there, unmasked. The Vinny that I know. And I hate it. I hate how he would suddenly enter my life and leave without warnings. I hate that the memories i've had with him is just an illusion of him.

I hate that he could enter my life as he wish and I can't do nothing about it.

Been A While | Vinny Hongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें