Chapter 1

We'll never get free

Man to the slaughter

What you gonna do when there's blood in the water?

Breath. In. Out. Repeat. In. Out. Repeat. In-

"What the hell are you doing?" my older brother says as he walks in the room with a bottle in his hands. "Breathing, dumbass," I say as I stand up off of the floor and sit down on the couch next to him. "Do you need to take up the whole damn living room to do that?" he says as he hands me a glass. "Shut up," I mumble before gulping down the drink he gave me. I set the crystal glass on the table in front of us both. Domi props his feet up on the table before taking a sip from his glass before staring at it. I push his feet off the table before standing up off the sofa. "We have a meeting at 13:25," he says before I walk out of the room leaving him to the silence.

I sit down on my bed and look up at the ceiling, there are cracks in the ceiling from where I threw darts at it. I sigh before laying down on my bed and slip my shoes off. I put an arm behind my head as I look for a pattern in the holes the darts made. I close my eyes with my mind running rampant with thoughts.

I wake up with a sigh before I look over at my phone on the nightstand. '13:00' it reads as I pick it up, I look over at the window before pushing myself out of bed. I walk over to the closet on the other side of the room. I pull out an all black outfit before changing into it, I push on a spot on the wall before it comes down mechanically. I grab multiple daggers and a gun, I put the gun in the back of my waistband. I put the daggers in different pockets in my racer jacket before walking out the door.

I meet Nic outside by the car, "Good you're here I thought I would have to go alone!" he says as he heads to the drivers side of the car. "Don't be a drama queen, Nic," I say as I head to the passenger side our 69 Chevy Impala.

We pull up to an abandoned building downtown before Nic shuts off the car. "You remember ground rules right?" he says as he turns to face me. I nod my head before getting out of the car and shutting the door behind me.