𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

"You... want me to go with him?"

Y/n sat in front of Shinobu, looking perplexed as her mask sat in her lap.

She'd been dragged away from helping out with Rehabilitation Training since Shinobu had something to ask of her.

Apparently, one of her patients was about to head out on a mission. The Insect Hashira wanted y/n to go with him but the young Demon Slayer was curious as to why.

"Is he still injured? If that's the case, maybe you should have him stay a little longer to rest." y/n suggested, "I don't really think it's a good idea to let an injured person go out on a mission, he could injure himself further."

"He's not injured, it's just..." Shinobu gestured y/n closer and the girl obeyed, leaning close so she could hear.

As the Insect Hashira whispered the details to her, y/n's expression slowly gave way to horror and confusion.

"WHAT!? EATS THEM!?"

"Yes, yes, I know it's surprising." Shinobu reassured y/n as the girl was trembling, mumbling incoherent words, "All I need you to do is to watch him for me, that's all. You can do that, right?"

"Hnngh..." y/n was squinting, clearly unsure.

Shinobu crossed her arms and sighed, "Oh dear... and here I was hoping that you'd help. Guess I can't convince Shinazugawa to let you go on the Infinity Train Mission..."

"Done and done." y/n stated, standing up abruptly as she slipped on her mask, "Where can I find him?"

"I requested that he wait for you outside the Butterfly Estate." Shinobu chirped, "Be careful, y/n! Thanks again!"

Y/n halted by the door as she was preparing to leave, "Will do. Erm... I, uh... see you later, Shinobu-san."

Oh??

Before Shinobu could say anything, y/n exited the room in a bit of a hurry. She was burning up with embarrassment again but she'd done it!

'Good job, me!'

Improvement is improvement.

Y/n found this person in no time, going off of the description Shinobu had given her.

Apparently he had a scar across his face... so he'd be easy to find! Maybe. A lot of people had scars in the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Ah... probably should've asked her to come along with me.." y/n sighed heavily, "Damn it."

Just as y/n was about to mentally prepare herself to return to Shinobu and apologize, she spotted black hair.

Curious, she turned and saw a boy.

He was tall and was awfully intimidating but y/n was used to intimidating faces. She would've just went somewhere else had she not spotted the scar across his face.

'That must be him.' y/n realized and inhaled deeply, 'Alright, be calm. Be cool. Be relaxed.'

The masked Demon Slayer approached the scary boy calmly with a, "You. Are you Genya?"

"Huh? Who are you?" the boy demanded and y/n almost pissed herself on the spot, alarmed.

'Scary...!!!' "My name is Y/n. I'm here to accompany you on your next mission." y/n said, managing to keep her voice steady at the expense of her trembling legs.

Now that y/n was closer, she found that this ebony haired boy seemed familiar... where had she seen those eyes...?

"I don't need your help!" the boy snapped, voice almost as sharp as blade and y/n's legs locked up.