ch. 1 \|/ the signs

It had been a month since 'that' encounter, the flowers were slowly seeping into Dream's lungs. No wonder why he had fever effects.

Hanahaki works FAST, wasting no time at all. Dream's body was restless, he couldn't get even a wink of sleep. He was in bed for days. He decided to be kinda like techno and post a video with one of his manhunt videos, just with no sound and him talking over it.

"Hey guys... sorry for not posting.. ive had a fever recently"
He said in a gravelly voice, tired.

He continued with the video until it hit a decent time, the decent time apparently being 5 minutes. However, it was already more than his body can handle.

Before he could end the video he started coughing out blood, and not long after, a lovely sakura covered in a crimson liquid.

Dream's blood

"W-what the hell?" He stuttered saying the words, "F-flowers..?" He asked himself. He realized the video didn't end and was in a bad condition to edit the last part so he just posted it as it is.

A day passed, he checked the comment section of his video. All of them were about the flowers section. Many mentioned a disease, "Hanahaki". That was the name of the disease, dream widened his eyes as the only thing illuminating the dark night was his phone. He went onto google and searched up "Hanahaki disease".

And oh boy, he was traumatized. Who knew love had these effects? He covered his mouth, hands trembling. He flipped his phone over and cried until he fell asleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As the cheerful sun brightened up the gloomy sky, gray clouds covering the blue gradient. His poor eyes flickered open, not wanting to see the foreign sun, which was happy. Unlike him, the sun was an odd-ball, being different and warm amongst the gloomy clouds. He just wished that this would be all over. He needed to be productive today, he lifted the heavy blanket off of his legs and changed out of his comfy clothes into what he regulary wore. The chain matched the rhythm of his walking as he headed out the door, eating toast. He looked miserable from inside the mask, he put his mask down to cover his mouth not long after eating the toast. He grabbed his netherite axe from his inventory and got to work, chopping down a few trees for firewood before winter came by like a sudden breeze. The clouds slowly crept away showing the beautiful, sea-colored-sky. He started coughing again and lifted his mask only to reveal his mouth and coughed up more petals, each with a different color variety. He left a trail of petals as he swatted his hand up and down to remove the petals from his hand.

A petal he was swatting away followed the wind and ended up at Techno's house, ironically, Techno was looking right outside his window until he saw a foreign color. He took the crimson red petal. It was blood, which was odd. Dream's house wasn't far away from his so it would be possible that something happened to him. Techno sighed, as he put on his signature red coat and opened the door, trampeding through the biome and to Dream's house, hidden inside the thick dark oak forest.

There he was, dream. He was coughing up something, he was sitting down, under a tree. He was coughing up blood. Techno rushed over to him, "Dream! Are you okay?" He asked, worried. Dream was alerted and quickly threw an enderpearl out of panicking. Dream landed standing up and panting, he didn't want techno to seem him like this. Not just because he might've known the disease, it would be embarrassing. (Lmao embarrassing how? Tbh it would be concerning 😃)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I randomly ended it, srry