What a start to life

STORY HAS MENTIONS OF ABUSE + BULLYING

KICKS' POV

I opened my eyes, climbed out of bed I was then shoved down the stairs. I checked to see who it was, Barry.

For context I'm Kicks, a 6 year old boy in an orphanage in London, both my parents were killed when I was 3. I haven't felt love from anybody since I've been an orphan life sucks.

I wiped away my tears and walked up the stairs. This was it, the last straw I couldn't stand his abuse any longer, I punched him. It was a weak punch but a punch nevertheless.

"Why puch me, when you know it could end badly? Do you want to die, die like your parents?"

"Your parents are dead too barry"

"Ha you idiot.....YOU IDIOT"

He punched me, my nose began bleeding. I tried to hold back tears but couldn't.

"Ha he's actually crying! Pathetic little weasel"

I thought to myself, what a dumbass I'm a skunk but perhaps he's too oblivious to see that.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom, I looked into the mirror. I cleaned most of the blood from my nose and managed to stop the bleeding. I stared at my reflection, maybe I am a weasel, most people say their pathetic creatures, huh kinda makes sense after all I'm a pathetic creature myself.

I looked out of the window and saw normal kids playing outside. They are lucky, they have parents, I want to be like them. But I can't, my parents are gone.

I walked downstairs. I could hear Barry talking to his friends about how weak and pathetic I am, i clenched my fist. I told myself not to do it I knew it would end badly but I got up and began beating him up, properly this time. He fought back, he was too strong, before I knew it everything went black.

I woke up to the doctor talking to the people who worked at the orphanage, he said I had a broken nose. He then tuned to look at me

"He's a strong little chap though"

I looked up at the doctor I felt something I hadn't felt for three years. Comfort.

Months went by, I got kicked from the orphanage for starting several more fights. I was forced to live on the streets.

I built myself a small cardboard hut out of boxes on the streets of London.

What a start to life.